StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day fellow Riders,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with Mitas E08 tires. I recently purchased a "never out of the showroom" 2016 VStrom and it has the Bridgestone Battlewings on it. Not being comfortable with the tire and the reviews, I got a great deal on the Mitas Tires, but even the dealer doesn't know much about them. I'llbe riding mainly blacktops with an occasional venture down a side path.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Curious myself...

Most of the reports have been on the E07, E07+, and E07 Dakar.

Do you know if these are 80/20 tires?

·
Administrator
5,740 Posts
Yes, they are 80/20 tyres.

One test described them as being a very similar pattern to the Metzeler Tourance, at least as good if not better, and cheaper.

I am on my second set of Mitas E-07's which are 50/50. I cannot imagine that the E-08's could be any longer lasting than the E-07's which still work very well on seal, and surely better on gravel. My recommendation would be that if your dirt road excursions are rare and modest, go for the E-08's.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I really liked the Bridgestone Battlewings, they were fantastic street tires and never slipped for me in rain. Not the best for offroad, but would handle a gravel road just fine.
The Mitas are more dirt oriented, and not as good on pavement.

Edit: Shoot.. the question was for E08, not E07.. Sorry. I have not tried E08 myself. Disregard what I said. :)

·
Registered
503 Posts
Your stock tires sound perfectly fine for your mission. Wouldn’t give too much value to some random reviews.

·
Premium Member
4,419 Posts
I really liked the Bridgestone Battlewings, they were fantastic street tires and never slipped for me in rain. Not the best for offroad, but would handle a gravel road just fine.
The Mitas are more dirt oriented, and not as good on pavement.
Ditto what Bugzy said.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I'd run the OE Battlewings until they are done. Nothing wrong with them for what you're doing.

The Mitas E08 look a lot like the Kenda 761. Had the 761 on my KLR for a stint. Some reason the 761 was very loud vs MEFO, Shinko 244 / 700, etc I've had on it over 45K miles (8 sets of tires).

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had BW tires and so far it lasted 14k miles front and back. Currently they still have a few thousand miles left in them. However, the front is starting to cup and because of my riding, I've got florida strips on the rear tire.

What I will tell you on the BW is that they are long lasting, great pavement tires, but not so good if it wet and in the dirt . Since I mounted my BW tires, I will also tell you the rear sidewall tires are really stiff and hard to mount. you need to keep them in the sun for a few hours before you mount them.

I will be needing new tires soon. so far its going to be either Shinkos 705 or Maybe the Mitas, but just haven't seen too much reviews on the Mitas E08s.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I am running a E08 on my 660 Tenere,:|
I think it is better than the tourance as the E08 has a more open pattern in the centre of the tyre, and looks the same on the sides.
As for grip on dirt roads, the E08 has less or no wheel spin...in mud they are surprisingly quite good.
I the wet they are good, we have had rain for the past 17 days so basically every day was a wet ride to work.
Would I run them on the GS?, yes...they will be my next tyre type I will fit to the rear.
As a commute and dirt road touring tyre the E08 looks fine....as that is what they are designed for.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/mitas-e-08-thoughts.770652/

1 - 12 of 12 Posts