StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,I know the has been posted many times ,I have read threw a lot of them,with that said,*(a 2011 wee 8000 miles )I put new tires on back stock wore out I dont like mixing tires so I did a lot of research and went with Mitas E07 Dakar for my type of riding ,when I got the bike it had 6000 miles on it I got almost to 8k when I replaced the tires ,the bike had a wobble at speeds over 35 mph with stock tires,but when I removed the side bags it went away,so I figured with the bags being offset (one side sticks out farther because of the muffler that created the wobble) with the new tires it happens between 72 mph and 75 mph ,slow down it goes away speed up it goes away ?Has anyone had this problem with the Mitas E07 ? thanks.:confused:

·
Administrator
6,190 Posts
I would not think that the problem is your new tires. I would look more towards loose steering head bearings or rear wheel alignment. I assume the air pressures are correct, or at least not under inflated.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
There have been a number of mentions of Mitas E07 wobbling.

mitas wobble site:stromtrooper.com - Google Search

If a bike doesn't wobble before a tire is worn or changed, figure the tire is likely the cause of the wobble. Loose steering head bearings or chassis misalignments are likely to cause any tire in any condition to wobble.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ,I will check steering head bearings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts