StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got come new sneakers for my Vee, so far I've only had a chance to ride 7 miles home from the dealer, 5 miles of pavement and 2½ miles of gravel

not sure what pressure the mechanic set, I will check in the morning

the track different than any other tire I have ever ridden on, countersteer movements are very defined on pavement, the gravel portion of my ride was freshly graded 3 days ago, but our town runs a few passes with a vibratory roller after grading so the surface was almost as consolidated as pavement

in the morning when I feel more ambitious I will check pressure,

wonder what others are running for pressure with E07s on a Vee, I weigh 300 geared up

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I have about 2000 mi. on my E07s and am about 220 in my gear. I run the rec. pressure on pavement and air down to about 25/20 off-road. When the wife is on with me I bump up to 40/36. Hope this helps..

·
Registered
498 Posts
got mine early part of summer, they do grip in the dirt but the front seems a bit skiddish above 80mph, but I have a slightly bent rim too. not too noisy and seem to be wearing pretty well. only a 2,000 or so miles on them so too early to judge wear. so far I like!

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
finally got a chance to check the pressures, they were set 38f 35r I bumped the rear up to 40 then ran an errand (about 60 miles)

surprisingly, on pavement, I can describe the handling very much like the Darkside, a little more countersteer effort compared to any other MC tire I have ran

on gravel, the traction is noticably better than the Tourances I just took off

have not done any single track yet (other than my loose rutted driveway

more to come

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Got mine off EBay.. Moto-race..around $290. for the pair. Free, fast shipping.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, 1500 mile review

tire is what I expected, and works well for my varied riding, still a few nubs out at the edges, tread is scuffed evenly, no wear patterns yet

previously I commented poorer fuel economy, or maybe in reality more accurate fuel economy, tires seem to be a bit taller, less speedo error and on sidestand it leans more so I think I'm not getting as much gas in at fullups cause my mileage calculation has only dropped from 43 to 40, but I'm getting 35-40 miles less per tank

now to see how long they last

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I have been looking at them. Nice choice

·
Registered
362 Posts
I found that 33F + 40R was way too high on bumpy tar or gravel road -- probably due to the stiff sidewalls. Did much better with 29F + 31R in those circumstances. Due to the sidewall stiffness I find I can run those pressures on tar or gravel, and with some extra loading, without altering -- which is great for when the road surface changes a bit.

·
Registered
22,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I found that 33F + 40R was way too high on bumpy tar or gravel road -- probably due to the stiff sidewalls. Did much better with 29F + 31R in those circumstances. Due to the sidewall stiffness I find I can run those pressures on tar or gravel, and with some extra loading, without altering -- which is great for when the road surface changes a bit.
but how much do you weight ? that can make a big difference in tire pressure

finally got a chance to ride in the wet yesterday with the Mitas,

like any other tire, they are slick on wet paint, felt wheelspin while passing a car as I crossed the yellow line, also had wheel lockup when braking on some painted lines, other than that, they seem ok in the rain, I did not push it though

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ordered a set of E-07s last week, I'm hoping they are at the house tonight. Looking forward to giving them a try in the dirt. They should be a LOT better on nasty forest service roads than the Deathwings...though they didn't let me down.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've got about 8,000 miles on the E07's on my 2006 Vee. Nearly all of that 2 up lots with full gear for camping etc. They do pretty well on dirt roads and two tracks - not as good as a knobbie, but still good. I think they do pretty well on pavement - no issues with breaking loose in any circumstances but I do pay very close attention to "traction management". If you run lower than 30 ish PSI front, it howls pretty well. At 33 PSI, not nearly so bad. They do pack up with mud pretty well. Front is nearing end of life at 8,000 miles - would most likely do another 1500 to 2000, though it does not perform as well in dirt now as it did when new. The rear is a mixed bag on mileage.

We did a 4500 mile trip with them this summer - slab dab from Michigan to Wyoming then about 650 is miles of the Continental Divide Ride - performed well - mud, sand, rocks, pavement with one exception - the rear tire cracked rather badly at the outer edges of the larger lugs. Cracks when rather deep, under cutting the lugs, and appeared to almost go to the belt. First noted about about 4,000 or so miles on the tires. Replace it at 6000 (once home from trip) due to the cracking. Mitas was quick to respond, and good to deal with on a warranty claim, however the retailer I bought them from was not - MX1 Canada was the only retailer in North America when I bought them. I will not deal with them again. Pissy attitude, blaming me for having directly contacted Mitas etc. Crappy customer service. Mitas came through on the warranty claim and I bought replacement from Durelle Racing. Great to deal with. For the replacement I went with the Dakar version in hopes its tougher carcass would prevent the cracks. I am still a fan of the tires in spite of the cracks.

·
Registered
498 Posts
end of season report

due to moving around this year not many miles on bike. have about 3,000 miles on them now. I feel this is a good compromise for duel sport riding. I did get a chance to push them in the twisties awhile back and they stuck pretty good, did not notice slippage. I think there plenty capable for all but the most aggressive corner carver. where they shine is dirt. found my self going through stuff and cornering faster than with other tires, (shinko,tourance,fullbore). was running max advertised pressure on the rear (33psi) and about 30 on the front (full gear, full load). I did not get a chance to air them down as I'm getting lazy, and they handled all the off pavement chores fine. did not get to run them in real greasy conditions so will experiment with lower pressures. I'm not a big fan of airing down as I think I bent a front rim due to it a few year back, these are the first bias plies that I've tried and they are pretty stiff. Over all I'm in the "cautious optimism" camp right now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
my strom has 7600 miles on it and will soon install the Mitas Dakars I just rec. from Revzilla. Will report back after some use, which I hope to see lots of dirt this summer. Oh, and I highly recommend Revzilla, excellent customer service, fast shipping.....

1 - 20 of 26 Posts