1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
What kind of mileage do the 07's get? I pay about $157 for the set of 705 or 805 Shinkos front and rear.
I got 25k out of 1st rear on Wee2, 2nd one has 15k and will probably get to 20. Front went to 30k and was discarded before trip.

This is in miles not metric.

They are cheapers per mile tire out there.

Visited provinces:

Visited states:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Both of these have over 10k miles.
I think i could get 5k more from the back and a couple thousand more from the front but i wont push it..

The rear is starting to square off a bit.

At least i think they'll get me through the rest of this year.

Relax and have a homebrew.

·
Administrator
17,527 Posts
I'm so pissed at Mitas right now........IDIOTS!!!!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Are both Dakars and regular being discontinued? Also, does anyone have information on mileage of the pluses.

And, cyclopathic, how the hell did you miss Manitoba?:wink2:

KKORO

Reactions: Motorpsychology

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Both of these have over 10k miles.
I think i could get 5k more from the back and a couple thousand more from the front but i wont push it..

The rear is starting to square off a bit.

At least i think they'll get me through the rest of this year.

this is how wear indicators look at 23k (they are marked with small letters TWI on the side):

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cyclo, when I got around to the Revzilla link you sent me they were gone...my google fu is good and I ordered my E07 last year from Performance Cycle, so when it popped up again I went...ahhhHA ;)

I agree with all of you...MC60 front...Great front tire and RawHyde was using them exclusively...then DISCONTINUED.

E07 DAKAR rear....again a RawHyde exclusive...DISCONTINUED....

I want to smack their marketing Dept in the head with a wet towel...........

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boog, do you think some moron at Mitas told his Boss that "we" were getting too much use out of their tires? And if he/she did, do they not realize that these type of reports/reviews are what make others buy these tires? What a crappy add campaign...."Our tires last longer and stick better both on and off road than any other tire ever made".......yep, that's just horrible marketing in my book...........

·
Registered
348 Posts
Boog, do you think some moron at Mitas told his Boss that "we" were getting too much use out of their tires? And if he/she did, do they not realize that these type of reports/reviews are what make others buy these tires? What a crappy add campaign...."Our tires last longer and stick better both on and off road than any other tire ever made".......yep, that's just horrible marketing in my book...........
The enemy of good is better (or at least someone's perception of better).

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,665 Posts
What's the recommended pressure range for a Mitas E07 Dakar rear on a 2007 Vee?

I've looked for such info in vain, which seems weird, considering how long this tire has been around & used by Vstrom riders. Guess I'll start at ~4 psi below max & try the cold/warm pressure measurement technique from there.

Mitas Moto's info page on the E-07/E-07 Dakar omits mention that such a size as the 150/70 17" exists - curious: https://www.mitas-moto.com/international/products/motorcycle-trail-tyres/e-07/

If you want your own 150/70 17" Dakar, Performance Cycle in Colorado still has 4 in stock for a really good price, with cheap shipping. That's where I got mine.

A fine point: Performance Cycle lists the tire with a "B", which would normally designate a bias-belted tire. For example, the Heidenau K60 I will be replacing (150/70B17). The Mitas tire I received is imprinted with a "-" designation, indicating a bias-ply tire. This is also shown on the enclosed receipt, so I suppose it's just a typo on the website.

I don't really care either way, but it might matter to some people. My Dakar has a 2717 date code.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts

I've looked for such info in vain, which seems weird, considering how long this tire has been around & used by Vstrom riders. Guess I'll start at ~4 psi below max & try the cold/warm pressure measurement technique from there.

Mitas Moto's info page on the E-07/E-07 Dakar omits mention that such a size as the 150/70 17" exists - curious: https://www.mitas-moto.com/international/products/motorcycle-trail-tyres/e-07/

If you want your own 150/70 17" Dakar, Performance Cycle in Colorado still has 4 in stock for a really good price, with cheap shipping. That's where I got mine.

A fine point: Performance Cycle lists the tire with a "B", which would normally designate a bias-belted tire. For example, the Heidenau K60 I will be replacing (150/70B17). The Mitas tire I received is imprinted with a "-" designation, indicating a bias-ply tire. This is also shown on the enclosed receipt, so I suppose it's just a typo on the website.

I don't really care either way, but it might matter to some people. My Dakar has a 2717 date code.
They used to be rated at 33psi max and S10 owners would get crazy mileage from them at that pressure. I run 32 f/r regardless of load lower pressure increases contact patch and reduces center wear.

Visited provinces:

Visited states:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I have about 3800km (~2300miles) on a set of E07+ Dakars on my Vee. 3700 of that was two up with camping gear, and only about 1000km of gravel. I ran them at 36 front and 42 rear. I'd say they are about 30% worn.

They look like this:

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,665 Posts
Max pressure is 44 psi so I'll probably start at 40 and work from there.

·
Registered
2,955 Posts

They used to be rated at 33psi max and S10 owners would get crazy mileage from them at that pressure. I run 32 f/r regardless of load lower pressure increases contact patch and reduces center wear.

Visited provinces:

Visited states:
33 psi front and rear?

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have about 3800km (~2300miles) on a set of E07+ Dakars on my Vee. 3700 of that was two up with camping gear, and only about 1000km of gravel. I ran them at 36 front and 42 rear. I'd say they are about 30% worn.
Can you pick up a tread depth gauge and measure the + & how many miles total now?

Almost 8K on my + from my motocamping trip and tread depth is just under 4mm which is identical to my old E07 non + with almost the same mileage. So far I am not disappointed in the + like I thought I was going to be.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts