StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the E-07's myself two days ago after getting some tips from Black Lab, front went easy, rear had to drive over the tire with my truck, even then didn't want to pop but got it. They both went on easy and both seated easy, didn't balance them, did a 6 hour ride yesterday and they are a little loud but nothing really bad and they weren't bad without balancing, did some gravel and seemed ok as well but I'm used to a 240lb bike not a 500lb bike.
Going to get Dynabeads this week and see what they feel like.

·
Registered
498 Posts
update please

how about an update, been thinking of going with these this fall.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Installed the E-07's myself two days ago after getting some tips from Black Lab, front went easy, rear had to drive over the tire with my truck, even then didn't want to pop but got it. They both went on easy and both seated easy, didn't balance them, did a 6 hour ride yesterday and they are a little loud but nothing really bad and they weren't bad without balancing, did some gravel and seemed ok as well but I'm used to a 240lb bike not a 500lb bike.
Going to get Dynabeads this week and see what they feel like.
There is a little maker on the tire that you are suppose to line up with the wheel's valve stem port. I did this and they balanced perfectly. I'd recommend ride-on balancer. Seems to work better than beads, provides some flat protection and doesn't make a mess.

You're gonna love the e-07's. I'm very happy with mine.:hurray:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Didn't know about the marker, I used Dynabeads and they seem to be fine.
I would think the rims would be out a bit as well as the tires.
So far so good with the tires and they seem to be wearing well, I have around 5000 km on them and they still look good even after my off road trip, the front did start leaking around the bead in three spots so I broke the bead used a brush and brushed slime on the bead, seemed to have stopped.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Can you give a report on the EO7's on wet pavement? I seen lots of good reports, but not much comment on wet performance, and where I live, even the dry days often have wet pavement.

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Mitas recall

Read this thread.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/general...ll-safety-alert-flat-tire-threads-merged.html

Read this recall notice.

Mitas

I was lucky because I only fitted a Mitas E07 to the rear of my Wee, I fitted a Mefo Explorer to the front [only because I have the Mefo's on my KLE500 and would have put one on the rear of the Wee but they don't make one wide enough for the rear rim, more than happy with the Mitas rear though].

The two different brands of tyre work really well together as they are both very similar in tread pattern and grip.

If the Mefo Explorer wears out too soon I will replace it with a Mitas E07 [all the suspect tyres should be out of the system by the time I need one].

The E07 looks like getting between 20,000 and 25,000km on the rear based on current tread wear measurements.
Based on my riding style and needs the Mitas is excellent, and very good value for money.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm really interested in a pair of EO7's for my Wee. It was rumored that there was going to be a distributor in the states soon. Anyone hear any recent news about this?

·
Registered
498 Posts
mx1 new stock after recall?

does anyone know if mx1 has post recall mitas e-07s instock?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Anyone know if the recall was due to a design or a manufacturing glitch? The reason I ask is because they were the easiest tires I ever mounted (used one home made wooden spoon) yet I heard others say it was a bear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts