StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone who might be interested, MX-1 Canada now has the rear non Dakar E-07 in stock in limited quantities. Act now before their gone! Dan

·
Registered
153 Posts
I just ordered a set (front and rear) of the regular E-07 (not the Dakar) for my 1000 earlier today. Came to a total of $294.90 (Canadian) including shipping. In US $ that should be around $285 ish. Shipping was $55 Canadian for the pair.

The Dakar rear is out of stock currently.

That price is way less than the K60s or the TKCs, and only about $65 more than the best price I can find on Big Blocks. (I realize the TKC and Big Blocks are a more aggressive tire). I wanted something much more agressive than the Trailwing/Battlewings I have now, but also wanted the mileage out of them. I hope they work out well (all the reports I have read say they do).

Excellent customer service in response to some email questions I sent them.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
I'm very happy with the E-07's on my Wee, even copes when overloaded with camping gear for two weeks on the road.

The rear on mine is the 140 rather than the 150, the supplier I bought from recommended it [he is an avid ADV rider as well].

His opinion was that it would bite better through gravel and soft stuff, rather than float and wallow on top like the wider tyre would... he is right. :fineprint:

The mileage wear is looking like being well above what I get out of the other tyres I've run in the past too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm glad I tried a set. They were great on the dirt roads when the frost was going out this spring, but I didn't get the chances to use them as much off road as I had anticipated this year. Road them to South Carolina this year in the rain and they were OK. Have over 10,000 miles on them now and the back tire looks good for the winter. (I still ride about 50 miles a day minimum for work every day) The front tire looks like it will wear out first, and it's a replacement tire from the recall they had with over a thousand less miles on it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just got a set from MX1 hope they work out. Any consensus on tire pressure? I have the non dakar version.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts