StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
took a long ride yesterday, bike has <4,000 miles on it (K8DL650), and I missed a LOT of up-shifts for first time EVER. 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, quite often.

got home, changed the oil (Rotella Synth), didn't help. Adjusted clutch (inside sprocket cover, set free play at grip/lever), didn't help.

thoughts?

thanks -

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
This may sound odd, but have you recently changed footwear for riding?....When I got new riding boots, I found that I was missing the odd shift up. This was because the boot was thicker, and was not allowing the shifter to fully "fall back" into its normal position after an upshift. A minor adjuustment of the shift lever took care of the issue.

cheers

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not odd at all, and you are absolutely right, I just got some TCX X-Fives. I thought of that and that is probably it, given that the bike has been 100% consistent until my first long day with the new kicks. My wife suggested I ride with the old boots and see if my shifter is suddenly fixed, so I'll try that later today.

I hope that's all there is to it.

I WAS surprised how far my clutch adjusted, presuming I did it right.

thanks -

·
Registered
278 Posts
This may sound odd, but have you recently changed footwear for riding?....When I got new riding boots, I found that I was missing the odd shift up. This was because the boot was thicker, and was not allowing the shifter to fully "fall back" into its normal position after an upshift. A minor adjuustment of the shift lever took care of the issue.

cheers
same thing happened with my new boots. took awhile to figure it out

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Also did a shifter adjust after getting new boots. Now have to do it again b/c I sit slightly more erect with the drivers back rest on the WEE. Actually got a false neutral yesterday for the first time in 30,000 kms. Operator error.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts