StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this should be in the BIG Tire thread, but I've asked and gotten no response, and have a kind of urgent need for an answer.

Is it acceptable to have a mismatch in speed ratings between the two tires on the bike?

The Pilot Road 3s are only available as a V-rated front, and the street designation rear comes only in W-rated in the 150 size for the Wee.

Any issue running these two together?

Also, while I'm breakin' all the rules, any sense of the probable treadlife on the pilot roads?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, V and W both MASSIVELY outstrip the Wee's warp factor. I think I would need a JATO rocket to get the wee to 149, which is what I believe V-rated comes to, and W-rated gets you to 168, as I read the info.

Definitely not an issue of exceeding them. As long as there's no issue with the mismatch.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
my understanding is, you will explode into flames and crash violently, breaking your bike into thousands of tiny pcs...

oh wait, that was the Darkside tire..... you should be fine.... :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
Leave your password for your next of kin so they can update the Stromtrooper hive mind after the explosion... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
664 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll be sure and let them know the password so they tell the story of how I went over 150 on an right year old wee : D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts