StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased some mirror extenders today.
For a 2018 DL 1000,
Is the left mirror held in place with a left hand threaded clinch nut?
And the right hand mirror is "normal"
Correct?

I ask because on another forum was told the the threads were all right hand and it would help to know before taking the wrenches out:)

·
Registered
112 Posts
I believe you are correct. My 2017 had one reverse threaded and the left one is the logical one to be reverse so that the wind pressure on the mirror will tend to tighten it rather than loosen it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The left one was easy. I tried everything in the world and can not loosen the cinch nut from the right hand mirror.

Then I discovered both the cinch nuts are left hand threads. Hope this helps someone else.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
Both of my cinch nuts were left handed threads.

I also found that using a Crescent wrench/adjustable wrench is better than a combination wrench. I think the nut is between two sizes of wrenches.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of my cinch nuts were left handed threads.

I also found that using a Crescent wrench/adjustable wrench is better than a combination wrench. I think the nut is between two sizes of wrenches.
Same for me. A 17mm was just a tiny bit loose. Wrapped the nuts with blue painters tape and used a crescent wrench. I also took the extenders over to my vice and held them in place as I tightened down the base screw for the mirror.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts