StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new 2007 DL650 the other day. (Love it, still miss my 2004 in black, stupid thieves.)

Problem, though: My right mirror is giving me a very nice view of my chest, and cars in the lane to my *left* -- it's very badly mis-adjusted. Is there a way to rotate it out to the right to give me a proper view?

Thanks for any help.

--
Fish.

·
Administrator
13,492 Posts
I don't know if the 07 is different from the 06, but on my 06 you pull the rubber grommet on the bottom out of the way and loosen the locknut. Then you should be able to rotate the stem to where you like it and re-lock it.

..Tom

Just picked up a new 2007 DL650 the other day. (Love it, still miss my 2004 in black, stupid thieves.)

Problem, though: My right mirror is giving me a very nice view of my chest, and cars in the lane to my *left* -- it's very badly mis-adjusted. Is there a way to rotate it out to the right to give me a proper view?

Thanks for any help.

--
Fish.

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
Very sooty rubber on those grommets.

When I slid the rubber grommets up to adjust my mirrors, the grommets left black smears on my fingers. I concluded the rubber was a poor grade, so I ripped them off and discarded them. The plated nuts look better than the grommets did, so I don't miss them.

Your grommets may be better quality, but if you wonder why your hands get black when you monkey with the mirrors, they may be as bad as mine were.

The tension on my mirror locknuts is just right. The mirrors stay where I want them, but if my load or manner of riding changes, I can adjust the mirrors by tugging on them. I think the mechanism is well designed.

V-Tom, please tell me again about the improved mirrors you are running. In a few weeks, I will be carrying a load two feet wide, and the stock mirrors JUST permit me to see squarely behind the enormous trunk on the back. If your mirrors stick out farther than stock, maybe I should get a pair.

I look forward to riding with you again!
Keith

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Keith, I have seen your travel pack. I suggest a periscope :)

Here's a $50 solution. The SW Motech mirror extenders. Look in the mirrors and you can see my flash on both mirrors and I'm at least 5 feet behind the bike. The mirror extenders are that flat peice at the base of the mirrors. I have lost the view of my shoulders and may get some "blind spot" mirrors.

Rod
07 Vee
Riverview,FL

·
Registered
334 Posts
that pick of the red strom is a joke right? or a photoshop job?

please tell me it is....

·
Administrator
13,492 Posts
Hi Keith,

I got Napoleon Long Stem Mirrors from Holeshot. They Came quick and easy, about $47.00 a pair plus shipping.

[I had asked previously about them and was directed to their web site. I never saw them until I scrolled down on the menu on the left side.]

I am sure we will hook up fir a ride soon...

..Tom

V-Tom, please tell me again about the improved mirrors you are running. In a few weeks, I will be carrying a load two feet wide, and the stock mirrors JUST permit me to see squarely behind the enormous trunk on the back. If your mirrors stick out farther than stock, maybe I should get a pair.

I look forward to riding with you again!
Keith

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Napoleons are Great!

Hi Keith,

I got Napoleon Long Stem Mirrors from Holeshot. They Came quick and easy, about $47.00 a pair plus shipping.

[I had asked previously about them and was directed to their web site. I never saw them until I scrolled down on the menu on the left side.]

I am sure we will hook up fir a ride soon...

..Tom
I agree with your assesment of Napoleon mirrors from Holeshot Performance. They are far superior to the stock mirrors and really look nice.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I'm very confused. Whats so special about the red bike? The only thing that looks somewhat unusual is how high stuff is packed up. But certainly still manageable it seems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts