StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone made any modifications to the mirrors? I'm thinking about moving them to the side of the faring or buying some generic bullet style for mounting on the faring. It looks like they will have to be kinda low on the side to be able to see under the handguards. I might even try mounting them on the Givi crashbar. I don't like the'Mickey Mouse ears' look of them now!

T

·
0 Posts
I just purchased a set of mirrors from a KTM 640. I am going to give those a shot. I will let you know how they work and post a picture of how they look.

B

·
0 Posts
I switched out the stock mirrors for a pair of chrome Emgos. They are rectangle shaped rather than square and seem to be more adjustable.

These mirrors combined with the risers I'm about ti install should allow me to use a bigger wider windshield and deal wit the last of the ari flow issues

·
Premium Member
493 Posts
toogood8p said:
I just purchased a set of mirrors from a KTM 640. I am going to give those a shot. I will let you know how they work and post a picture of how they look.
Let us know how they worked out for you. I want to get a set of these too. I think they look really good with the V-strom.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
If you choose to use aftermarket mirrors like the Emgosyou will notice that they are a flat mirror. Your field of vision will be less (even though the mirror is bigger) cause the stock mirrors are just a little convexed.

J

·
0 Posts
Re: New mirrors

toogood8p said:
So I finally installed the new mirrors. I have posted pictures on my web site for you to look at. I think they look alot better. They are lower, which will take a little time getting used to, but I think that look and work better. Let me know what you think.

http://members.tripod.com/toogood8p/photos-mirrors.htm
Mine are on order...I can't wait to slap them on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts