StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put on a new set of stock mirrors about a month or two ago. Because the old ones were moving out of adjustment by themselves while riding usually while running at speed on the highway. I will need new mirrors again, the same thing is happening again. Which aftermarket mirrors can I set and forget. This is getting costly & I want to buy the right mirrors and be done with this PIA problem.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Many people have good luck with the mirrors from the Aprilia Tuono. Prices have gone up a bit. Think I got mine off of eBay, OEM Aprilia mirrors. Let me see if I can find them for you and I will post a link. If you have an Aprilia dealer near you, that may be the best option. I have them and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a set of Tuono mirrors, but one of them was moving on it's own. Drove me crazy so I put the originals back on. Just fyi, as it seems to me that the type of mirror may not be the issue.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah, my Tuono mirrors did that at first. Just had to tighten them down some more. Haven't moved since, even at 100mph plus.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm using KTM mirrors on mine. The price is a little high to start, but they work really well and look good w/ the lines of the bike.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Just tighten the jam nut up and they won't move unless you want them to. I'll take your old mirrors if you think they are broken.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I haven't gone much faster than 100 or 110mph on the Wee, but the mirrors don't seem to mind a 90+mph cruise.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Tuono Mirrors

I am very pleased with the Tuono mirrors. They stay put better than my stock mirrors (I snugged both sets at around the same wrist torque). To me they look more consistent with the styling of the front fairing and headlights. I believe that they cut down on buffeting, though not everyone agrees. They are smaller, but also positioned closer to me, so the field of view seems similar to me. And being positioned a little wider, I can see around my shoulders better. You really get a lot of value for the cost, IMO.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
KTM Super Duke mirrors. GOt rid of 70% of the buffeting, look good and don't vibrate, let alone move. Mine have been on for almost one year.

·
Registered
22,424 Posts
moving out of adjustment by themselves while riding usually while running at speed on the highway.
one of my original stock mirrors would wonder out of adjustment at highway speed, I let my dealer know when I took it in for my 600 mile service, first they tried tightening it but didn't help, they ordered me a new mirror under warranty and replaced it at no charge, haven't had a problem since, my bike is in for 60,000 service today

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'm surprised you can't stop the movement by tightening down the screw. But I'm also a bit of a moron, so don't be confused by my being surprised.

I put the Tuono mirrors on and I have no issues with them staying in place even while cruising at 110 mph indicated. (Why do some 650 riders say they don't like riding the wee that fast?)

·
Registered
392 Posts
speed

Perhaps some Wee riders plan on riding next year? Riding at real high speeds will bite you in the butt, maybe permanantly, eventually.

Bill H.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I put Rich Richlands mirror extenders on mine original mirrors and used blue locktite. It worked for me. I no longer look at my sholders and less wind bufferting. It has not moved since:hurray:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Perhaps some Wee riders plan on riding next year? Riding at real high speeds will bite you in the butt, maybe permanantly, eventually.

Bill H.
Actually it's life that bites you in the butt; nobody gets out of this one alive.

In the meantime I intend to live and just occassionally, when the circumstances are right, ride at real high speeds.
I also plan to play around with women which I consider much more dangerous

PS No problems with my standard mirrors or Tuono mirrors

·
Registered
22,424 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I'm surprised you can't stop the movement by tightening down the screw. But I'm also a bit of a moron, so don't be confused by my being surprised.

I put the Tuono mirrors on and I have no issues with them staying in place even while cruising at 110 mph indicated. (Why do some 650 riders say they don't like riding the wee that fast?)
Maybe some riders don't have the need to tell others how fast they ride. There is ALWAYS someone faster than you. Thats life.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Maybe some riders don't have the need to tell others how fast they ride. There is ALWAYS someone faster than you. Thats life.
What? Thanks for the life lesson... I guess.

My paranthetical question referred to several comments that I've read from guys who feel uncomfortable riding that fast. They usually cite rpms or stability. I'm just saying that on the rare occassion that I have ridden 100+ mph indicated, I haven't felt uncomfortable on the wee like it couldn't handle it. My intent was not to brag or condone high speed riding, just observing a difference in rider perception of wee performance.

By the way, the purpose of the post was to inform the OP that at high speed, there was no movement of my Tuono mirrors.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts