StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know SW-Motech, Suzuki, and other higher end vendors sell mirror extenders for $50 - $80, but I can't see spending that much for a 1 ounce piece of metal. Is anyone running a $15 eBay extender? How do you like it?

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
We picked these up from ebay a few years ago and this is the second bike they have been on.
So far they have held up really well with no peeling paint or any other quality issue.

Selection was purely based on price :grin2:

Cheers V2man & GotaV2

·
Super Moderator
4,626 Posts
I'm running these eBay items on my XJR. However, having compared them with Richland Rick's extrenders on AstroBob's Strom, Rick's appear to be much stronger. I don't think mine would survive a good bash.

·
Registered
204 Posts
These may be out of your comfort zone, but well under $50. They are high quality and you can mount a ram ball for accessories like a phone or gps.

Suzuki Mirror Extenders - AdventureTech, LLC.
I got Adventuretech mirror extenders with RAM ball mounting spot. They're pretty great. I recommend some LocTite Blue(non-permanent) once you get everything where you want it.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Maybe, but you can buy SCORES of these for the cost of some of the others! :grin2:

I'm running these eBay items on my XJR. However, having compared them with Richland Rick's extrenders on AstroBob's Strom, Rick's appear to be much stronger. I don't think mine would survive a good bash.

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the Richland Rick's extenders but they are mounted backwards. I tried them mounted the usual way but there was too much buffeting so I swung them inward. So my mirrors are about 1.5" higher but about an inch or so tucked in from the stock position. Works well for me.

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have the cheapies off Fleabay, same as GotaV2 and V2man. Somewhere around $30 AUD from memory

Reactions: Bville-Bud

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have the cheap ones too. They have lasted a few years and the only problem is the "stainless steel" bolts are rusting around the head where the water pools. They are a standard size bolt and can be found at Lowe's so I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I got a set from Richland Rick when I ordered the fork brace the same time.

They are high quality product.

The only problem I experience on my first ride was that it came loose. So yeah.. definitely use some blue loctight on it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
+1 Richland Rick

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have just purchased these mirror extenders for my DL 650A11, having previously bought a fork brace and side stand big-foot from Adventuretech . Have now fitted them (yes, use thread lock) and can confirm that the part quality is high and it does clean up the air stream. For speed of service and great communication, clearer rear view, and less buffetting, this addition is win, win, win. Thank you Gloria and Rick.
I have no affiliation with this vendor other than as a thoroughly satisfied customer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Support Rick, I have his and they are great... fellow stromtrooper too! I bought them just for better visibility, and was shocked at the reduction in wind noise and buffeting. It was noticeable even when I was not looking for it.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Just ordered a set from Rick today. Cost $27 to post it to me, but everybody is correct when they say support the ones that support us.:smile2:

Coops.

·
Vendor
5,420 Posts
I'm humbled. Thanks all.

BTW, the bolts are M10 x 1.25 (fine thread). Your most likely to find M10 x 1.5 (standard Thread) at Lowe's or Home depot. However we can always sell someone the right bolts. Ours are Zinc coated and hold up well.

·
Registered
35 Posts
mirror extenders

I used the cheapest Asian mirror extenders from ebay, took about a month to arrive. Went on an 81 XV920R I rode all last year, no problems except the inside of the socket head screws wanted to rust a little bit. Nail polish seems t have fixed that.
Amazon seems to have good prices $17-23 depending on syle

1 - 20 of 22 Posts