StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to some cheap mirror extenders or make a rec. on new mirrors.

I found a thread where someone was making them. I sent him an email but haven't heard back. It was an old thread so maybe they are no longer being made.

Found some retail for around $50 but that seems kind of steep.

·
Banned
1,583 Posts
Richland Rick's Mirror Extensions

Can someone point me to some cheap mirror extenders or make a rec. on new mirrors.

I found a thread where someone was making them. I sent him an email but haven't heard back. It was an old thread so maybe they are no longer being made.

Found some retail for around $50 but that seems kind of steep.
Contact this guy: [email protected]

I have some and like 'em.

Do some searchs on Richland Rick, Richland Ricks Mirror extensions, Mirror extensions and you'll find plenty of testimonials !!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took mine off and replaced w/wide angle wedge( ultra cheap auto/ wally type) bolted onto the outside of the handguard w a rubber spacer and stainless bolt washers and nut works good for me . don't look half bad neither

·
Registered
137 Posts
For $50 i'd go the extra $10 and get the KTM mirrors. these are the round ones, 11" long.

·
Premium Member
519 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mirror extenders

I bought a set from a guy down in the san bernadino area but they do not fit on mt 07 dl650 mirrors . Real nice with v strom etched in aluminum extender . 1 paid $25 + $4 shipping . I will accept $25 to paypal that includes shipping to canada or united states ,

·
Premium Member
718 Posts
Shudda put on sooner

The OP for this thread asked about cheap extenders, while Rick's weren't cheap, they were worth putting on my bike. Can't believe I waited so long, they have been sitting on my shelf for a rainny day. It rained all weekend and it's freaking cold so I put them on. Forced myself to ride this morning even though its 38F (I have no heated gear) and I got pretty cold but I was able to see much better. Extenders are sort of like the fork brace, should be included with the purchase. I liked getting extenders vs replacing the mirrors as it retains some of the factory look and you don't wind up with something to sell/throw out.

S

·
0 Posts
I got SW Motech mirror extenders. IIRC, they weren't cheap. When my stock mirrors finally went limp, I replaced them with the Tuono mirrors (on the SW Motech extenders).

I think I paid ~$80 for the extenders, ~$50 for the mirrors.

IMO, the Tuono mirrors alone won't reach any further than the stockers. That is, if you need the extenders for the stock mirrors, you'll need them for the Tuono's, too.

YMMV

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have made my own extenders.

I picked up a tap and die set from a local pawn shop ($35) + some scrap 1/2 in diameter rods (from garage). It takes about one hour to make them (in the garage, with the tap and die set, some drill bits + drill, no need for fancy tools here).

I made them about 4 in long, so now I can't see my shoulders/top case in the mirrors.

Best thing is that I can make them as long/short as I want. Once you have the tools, it's really easy.

Adrian

·
Registered
184 Posts
Richland Rick's Mirror Extenders

Just put them on my DL1000. Look good, work great--I can actually see my top case, sitting right behind me. No more leaning my head out or torso twisting to see if there's a car on my tail. I imagine any extenders of correct length will produce the same results, but I like supporting small businesses.

·
Rjsurfer
539 Posts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
+1 for the ebay version, they work great....jeeesh their only a couple of pieces of drilled and tapped aluminum. If you pay more than $17, what can I say.

Ron W.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10mm-Mirror-Riser-Extender-Adapter-Suzuki-SV650-SV1000_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca7358ac6QQitemZ260503341766QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1137wt_939
Yup, have bought 3 exact sets for people in the last while, work great, look good, and are well priced.

I would recommend these to anyone with a Strom.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Richland Rick's Mirror Extenders

Just put them on my DL1000. Look good, work great--I can actually see my top case, sitting right behind me. No more leaning my head out or torso twisting to see if there's a car on my tail. I imagine any extenders of correct length will produce the same results, but I like supporting small businesses.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just ordered a set of Ebay extenders. Going to try them with the KTM Duke II mirrors. Could be the best of both worlds? Thanks for the link!

Will post pictures when installed.

C.

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Mounted the rickhughs shortly after purchasing the Strom. Well made quality product. Nice to be able to use the mirrors. Have seen some cheaper knock offs on e-bay on occasion. :cool:

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'll not tell you what to do, but I have the Richland Ricks version.

Ebay is 17.99 plus 7.99 shipping = 25.98
Ricks are 33.00 plus 5.00 shipping = 38.00

Difference in price 12.02

Rick is a known entity, stands behind his products has tons of great feed back and is home grown local guy that helps the Vstrom community.

Ebay guy is "gas-cap-dude".

Rick's look to be much thicker and bulkier then the Ebay ones. Rick has a V-strom and test mounts everything.

I'm glad I paid 12.02 more not only to support a local guy but to have was I believe is a better product. I've not seen the Ebay ones, but the Rick's ones are heavy duty. There is no question in my mind they won't fail when I'm on the Dalton Highway or go knows where else. You don't need mirrors to keep going but they sure are great to know when that 18 wheeler is barreling up your butt on a gravel road.

YMMV, but I personally like to support the guys that give back and make good stuff for us. I have Ricks's forkbrace and accessory shelf also.

Not to Mention Rick has a "farkle" option which is awesome to mount a camera etc right on the bar.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts