StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
You can pay a lot more for mirror extenders that are less effective. Ours are less than half the cost of TT mirror extenders, less than 1/3 the cost of Suzuki's, and extends each mirror 1.5" (38 mm). This distance was chosen for maximum stable extension and have been proven to be stable at 115 mph (don't tell my wife) and all day cruising at 90 mph (Montana).

I started making these mirror extensions at the request of others. I didn't even know I needed them, but when I installed them on my own bike for testing I was very happy to find rear view greatly enhanced. Also, and this is no small also, they can reduce mirror induced wind turbulence. Myself and others have noticed decreased wind noise after installing the mirror extenders. They are powder coated to match the stock gear and according to my wife "look like they came with the bike."

Note that these pictures show black powder coated bolts, but we use zinc bolts these days to prevent corrosion.

Right DL650 and both left & right for DL1000.

Left DL650 all years. The stock left DL650 mirror post is lower than the right post.
The left DL650 extender includes a 20mm post (left) and 10mm post (right) and longers bolt. This raises the mirror extenders to clear the clear the 07 and later switch gear.

The DL650 left extender is the same but uses a 20 and 10 mm spacers and longer bolts.

$29 (DL1000) and $33 (DL650) per pair + postage.

You can pay via credit card or Paypal at our website AdventureTech, LLC. - Home

You can also opt for a farkle mounting (e.g., ram mount ball) to be added to one or both of your mirror extenders. They are +$5 each, so if you want just one farkle mount add $5.00, if you want two add $10. Typical installation of the farkle rady extender is on the left, but they are interchangable and can be switched from side to side.

Below is the mirror extender with the extra room added for mounting a farkle. Shown is a "ram-mount medium ball." I recomend the 10 mm -1.25 threaded version. Just tell me what size bolt hole you need (size and pitch, e.g., M10-1.25, M8 x 1.25, or 1/4-20, or ask and I will help). The farkle mount is good for camera and light wieght items. I recommend my Over the dash GPS mount though for GPS units.

As always, satisfaction garranteed or your money will be promptly refunded.

Reviews can be found here. http://www.vstrom.info/Smf/index.php/topic,6019.0.html

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
installed last night, these things are FANTASTIC! Very very happy with them, the increased visibility is a huge safety feature. Riding to work this morning I kept tucking in my arms out of habit, took me a few times to realize I don't need to do that anymore lol.

I noticed significantly less wind noise, but I also installed a 22" windscreen at the same time so it's tough to say what made the biggest difference.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I installed this product and the fork brace last night and rode 600km today. Very happy with the quality and finish on both products. The extenders increase visibility and decrease turbulence and noise. Great service, fast shipping and unbeatable price / quality ratio.

Thank you Gloria and Rich for a job well done.

I'll post something in the fork brace thread too. Always happy to help out quality merchants.

Eric

:thumbup:

·
Registered
478 Posts
installed mine on the weekend with a forkbrace and what an amazing improvement on handling and visibility . good stuff and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
499 Posts
If I wanted less extension of the mirrors since I am using the aprilla tuono mirrors which already give extension, could i mount the extenders opposite their normal way? So the farkle mount is extended further in (for a gps/phone mount)?

Any issues with this?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You could mount the farkle ready mirror extenders the other way around. You would be the first, but it could be done.

I personally prefer the over the dash location for telephones, GPS, and such. We have a two ball version and shelf version that can accommodate multiple items.

·
Registered
499 Posts
You could mount the farkle ready mirror extenders the other way around. You would be the first, but it could be done.

I personally prefer the over the dash location for telephones, GPS, and such. We have a two ball version and shelf version that can accommodate multiple items.
Thank you.

The ram mount in the middle of these handle bars: http://i.imgur.com/e5uq9CH.png

from the picture above, is that a product you sell?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
It's a commonly available handlebar mount with a 1" ram ball.
Amazon.com: RAM Mount Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base w/1" Ball: Electronics

I modified it to eliminate the ugly U-bolt. I gave the bottom pieces away for free for a while just for the fun of making them.

I just checked and I have three of the bottom pieces left. Your welcome to one. Shoot me an email if you want it. Postage is inconsequential and on me.

However, if you think about putting a GPS there you should look at this thread. http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/167833-adventuretech-above-dash-gps-mount.html

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's a commonly available handlebar mount with a 1" ram ball.
Amazon.com: RAM Mount Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base w/1" Ball: Electronics

I modified it to eliminate the ugly U-bolt. I gave the bottom pieces away for free for a while just for the fun of making them.

I just checked and I have three of the bottom pieces left. Your welcome to one. Shoot me an email if you want it. Postage is inconsequential and on me.

However, if you think about putting a GPS there you should look at this thread. http://www.stromtrooper.com/adventuretech-llc/167833-adventuretech-above-dash-gps-mount.html

Yeah Id be interested in one of the bottom pieces, that would be great.

Its mainly for my phone, not a full gps, i kind of like the handle bar mount for the phone but may go with the above dash if i go with a full gps.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Yeah Id be interested in one of the bottom pieces, that would be great.

Its mainly for my phone, not a full gps, i kind of like the handle bar mount for the phone but may go with the above dash if i go with a full gps.
I sent you a PM on site, is that ok or do you wnat me to send an email instead?

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
After seven years, still made in the USA. Powder coated black to match your handlebar mounts.

These simple and inexpensive devices have been proven greatly increases rear visibility and reduce buffeting to the rider. Available with or without "farkle" extensions. An incredible value and as with all Adventuretech products, happiness guaranteed!

Mirror Extenders - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One thing about our mirror extenders that set them apart from all other original designs is the use of risers to achieve the optimum clearance above the switchgear and the option to use them as mounts for other gear. We also designed in the option for "farkle extensions," threaded mounting points for Ram Balls or other gear.

See our website for details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Received mine (quickly) last week. As mentioned in the installation video, it can be slightly tough to get the mirror cinch nut loose. I used a 21mm wrench and a little bit of heat to break them.

The result is great. Better visibility, and I find that the flow off the windshield goes outside my arms, resulting in less buffeting.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ordered a set this morning... Looking forward to better visibility out of the stock mirrors and hopefully, less buffeting/wind noise.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Ordered a set this morning... Looking forward to better visibility out of the stock mirrors and hopefully, less buffeting/wind noise.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Installed tonight. I had them on my 650 and it took about a mile to realise I'd need them on the 1000 too lol

Edit:
Road to work today with them on and it was a HUGE difference! Every single bike should have these on them!

·
Vendor
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Unlike other's our's are made in the USA and each set is designed to be specific to each model of V-Strom. And, unlike others we have a set specific for the new Vee2.

You can pay a lot more for mirror extenders that are less effective. Ours are less than half the cost of TT mirror extenders, less than 1/3 the cost of Suzuki's, and extends each mirror 1.5" (38 mm). This distance was chosen for maximum stable extension and have been proven to be stable at 115 mph (don't tell my wife) and all day cruising at 90 mph (Montana).

I started making these mirror extensions at the request of others. I didn't even know I needed them, but when I installed them on my own bike for testing I was very happy to find rear view greatly enhanced. Also, and this is no small also, they can reduce mirror induced wind turbulence. Myself and others have noticed decreased wind noise after installing the mirror extenders. They are powder coated to match the stock gear and according to my wife "look like they came with the bike."

Note that these pictures show black powder coated bolts, but we use zinc bolts these days to prevent corrosion.

Right DL650 and both left & right for DL1000.

Left DL650 all years. The stock left DL650 mirror post is lower than the right post.
The left DL650 extender includes a 20mm post (left) and 10mm post (right) and longers bolt. This raises the mirror extenders to clear the clear the 07 and later switch gear.

The DL650 left extender is the same but uses a 20 and 10 mm spacers and longer bolts.

$29 (DL1000) and $33 (DL650) per pair + postage.

You can pay via credit card or Paypal at our website AdventureTech, LLC. - Home

You can also opt for a farkle mounting (e.g., ram mount ball) to be added to one or both of your mirror extenders. They are +$5 each, so if you want just one farkle mount add $5.00, if you want two add $10. Typical installation of the farkle rady extender is on the left, but they are interchangable and can be switched from side to side.

Below is the mirror extender with the extra room added for mounting a farkle. Shown is a "ram-mount medium ball." I recomend the 10 mm -1.25 threaded version. Just tell me what size bolt hole you need (size and pitch, e.g., M10-1.25, M8 x 1.25, or 1/4-20, or ask and I will help). The farkle mount is good for camera and light wieght items. I recommend my Over the dash GPS mount though for GPS units.

As always, satisfaction garranteed or your money will be promptly refunded.

Reviews can be found here. Rick's Mirror Extenders

·
Registered
9 Posts
Happy customer

I have these mirror extenders on my 2010 DL1000. They make all the difference in the world for visibility of traffic behind you. Can't recommend them strongly enough.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts