StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it in my mind to buy a Givi windscreen next time I ordered from Motostorm. After installing the mirror extenders noticed just about all the buffeting I was experiencing at 70-80 mph is gone. Not so sure I need the new screen now.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Had it in my mind to buy a Givi windscreen next time I ordered from Motostorm. After installing the mirror extenders noticed just about all the buffeting I was experiencing at 70-80 mph is gone. Not so sure I need the new screen now.
If you have a 2012-16 winglets made the biggest difference for me. I made my own...cost was about $5

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Curing buffeting is an incremental thing. All too often people buy different mirrors, spacers, windscreens etc and put them all on at once. Sometimes with better end result other time marginal or only minor changes.

Even though it may take a little longer if you do corrective measures in steps you can get a better end result and sometime spend less money by not buying things you don't need like the OP experienced.

Do the cheap things 1st and after each one go for a ride and make note of any improvement. I don't mean a 5 miles shakedown i mean go ride the bike for an afternoon or a couple days.

Different mirrors
Mirror spacers
Winglets
Bar risers/Bar backs

Then if needed move to the more expensive items like windshield deflectors or new windshields.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Motor7, could you post some photos or your winglets? I'm curious as to size and how you attached them. Thanks.

I know I did a thread on making them, but I can't find it. I did copy Mimo's Augustus winglets as close as I could and installed them in the same location using a longer bolt:

https://www.stromtrooper.com/group-...189785-augustus-wind-deflectors-sale-now.html

You can buy a section of stippled black ABS on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ABS-Plasti...841403?hash=item3f744865fb:g:0N8AAOSw4DJYh~~Y

A jig saw and a heat gun to make the bends and done.

·
Premium Member
3,542 Posts
Rick, the wind on my beaked 2015 DL came up my knees/thighs, slammed into my chest then up under the helmet. The Winglets/Vortex Generators fixed ALL of that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts