Mirror Extenders or Aprilla Tuono ....

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking to allow a view that does not include my shoulders and arms. After a review of the 2012+ forum section seems many folks pick the Aprilla Tuono Mirrors and / or Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders. (BTW Shoulder width is about 21" and I am 6'3" tall big frame and chest)

So vote for what you have or like.

Thanks

UPDATE

Installed the Adventure Tech Mirror Extenders, using the OEM Dl650a mirrors. (Have the Ram Ball option on mine)
note: I had to loosen/not remove the Givi screen to install them.
5 minute ride shows how great they increased the rear view.
Will post again with comments once I put some time with them.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Adventuretech mirror extenders: I seem to have less buffeting with these on.

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
Would do both if I were you, I already of the AdventureTech extensions, and will be adding the Aprilia mirrors soon.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
Mirror extenders for a wider view and reduced buffetting. Aprilia mirrors for reduced buffetting.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Mirror extenders for a wider view, Tuono mirrors because, well they just look better.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I installed only the Tuono mirrors and can see behind the bike just fine. As others have said Tuono mirrors don't shake in the wind and they look much better than stock.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I went the cheap route, bought my extenders and emgo mirrors off eBay. I like the angled arms of the extenders I got. Its been a while now, but I think it was about $45 for the combo. I got the Mark II or III or whatever they are called for $24.95 shipped.

I'm happy with the set up, slightly smoother air. Mainly, I did it for the rear view. With spot mirrors stuck on there I have no blind spots anymore.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I have both the Aprilla Mirrors and the Mirror extenders.

I bought the Aprilla Mirrors because I broke one of my stock mirrors.
I bought the extenders because I didn't know if the Aprilla mirrors were positioned wider than stock. I also wanted the RAM accessory mounts.

I put them on at the same time, so I haven't used one or the other independently.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/167649-time-new-mirrors.html

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Where are you guys getting the Aprilla mirrors?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ordered Mirror Extenders with Ram Balls

UPDATE

Thanks .. today I ordered the Adv Tech Mirror Extenders with Ram Balls.

FUTURE NEEDS?

As my shoulders are about 23 " wide and elbows while riding are about 29"
I may also buy the Aprilla Tuono Mirrors.

I assume the following part numbers posted by others are correct..

AP8104921

AP8104922

Any suggestions on who to buy online from?

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I've looked at those as well. So why don't you go ahead and get them and let us know how they are. :yesnod:

Some say to avoid the ebay/Chinese Tuono copycat mirrors, others have said they are fine.
I would be willing to give them a try, cannot be worse than the stockers at this point.:fineprint:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts