StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was suggested to make a sticky on Glee mirror information because it isn't in the owner's manual. In the spirit of a picture is worth a thousand words.........
It also applies to the Vee2 as was discovered later.

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
I shoulda guessed. let's just say I have one severly tight mirror mount. LOL! :headbang:

THANKS!

DSR650

·
Registered
61 Posts
Just to clarify, if you order aftermarket mirrors you don't need to order left hand threads because the perch is still right hand threaded. Is this correct?

Or, if you replace your mirror with a ram mount or something else, right hand threads will screw directly into the perch?

·
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think the picture would explain things fully but I'll add that the black aluminum parts that accept the mirrors and are clamped to the handlebars have right hand threads. Take all the silver colored parts of the stock mirror off when replacing the mirrors.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Pictures? What pictures? They're gone??

·
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still seeing the picture in post #1.

·
Registered
174 Posts
OK, I do now, too. Thanks for checking it for me.

I was logged in when I made the comment. So, I logged out, logged back in, and then right click on tab and refresh page.

The refresh was the trick that got the picture to display.

Thank You.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know what the thread size is for the mirror mount stud? (It's the chrome part with the right hand thread in the picture)

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
29 Posts
Found the answer on Advrider. Thanks, Pat.
(10m x 1.5, Standard 10mm coarse thread and right handed on both.) :thumbup:

edit: Correction. the threads are M10x1.25

·
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Loosen the top nut by turning it clockwise as you look down on it and swivel to stalk where you want it. Then tighten the nut in the other direction. You may need to hold the bottom part in place for the final tightening as it can loosen if you turn the top nut too hard.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Duh!, Thanks very much for that, just bought a new 650, and was trying to adjust the mirrors and couldn't work out why it wouldn't loosen, the mirror came off the bar mount ok, as that was RH thread, but no idea that the adjuster was LH, thought I'd leave it in case I stripped it. Thanks again very much.

·
Vendor
5,244 Posts
The information in the thread above about the threads for the right piece in the first picture is incorrect. This is the piece that screws into your mirror stalks mounted on your handlebars.

The thread is M10 x 1.125. Not M10 x 1.5 It is a normal right hand thread.

M10 x 1.5 is very common and can be found in most hardware stores. M10 x 1.25 is less common, but still available. Use of M10 x 1.5 bolts will damage the female threads in mirror stalks.

I don't know of any mirrors that use an M10 x 1.5 thread so if your replacing your mirrors the point may be moot.

Mirror Extenders - AdventureTech, LLC.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
The information in the thread above about the threads for the right piece in the first picture is incorrect. This is the piece that screws into your mirror stalks mounted on your handlebars.

The thread is M10 x 1.125. Not M10 x 1.5 It is a normal right hand thread.

M10 x 1.5 is very common and can be found in most hardware stores. M10 x 1.25 is less common, but still available. Use of M10 x 1.5 bolts will damage the female threads in mirror stalks.

I don't know of any mirrors that use an M10 x 1.5 thread so if your replacing your mirrors the point may be moot.

Mirror Extenders - AdventureTech, LLC.
M10 X 1.125 ? I think you mean M10 X 1.25 correct?

·
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good catch. I edited the post.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ok sorry to be acting a bit dumb but I've logged in and out,refreshed as well as changed threads and I still can't see the pic in the the first post????

·
38,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It's still there. Are you possibly at a work computer? Sometimes IT sets them up to deny access.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts