StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

On the heals of "mtlee's" tech day get together a few weeks back, I'm proposing another event to meet up and put some faces with the names/nicknames we see here.

So, on Wednesday June 18, 2008 starting at 6:30pm, come out to the little hamlet of Loretto, MN to the Retro Roast and Fountain to have a sandwich, coffee, soda, or malt, and get to know some of your fellow Stromtroopers. We can share stories and tell lies, and compare all the greatest stuff we've got strapped to our faithful steeds.

All who are interested in coming please chime in here and let me know. As a courtesy, I'll drop them a phone call a few days in advance letting them know the approximate number of us that may show up. This is neat little Mom & Pop operation, I'm sure we'll all have a good time. And, hey, we're due for a stretch of good weather eventually, aren't we?

They are a motorcycle friendly family establishment, but they ain't no "biker bar".

Details, including map/directions are found at their website-
http://retroroastandfountain.com/

Loretto is about 18 miles west of Minneapolis as the crow flies, on County Road 19 south of MN Hwy 55, near Medina, MN and north of Lake Independence.

And I'll buy a soda for the 'Strom owner who shows up with the most bug splatters on their windshield!

See you there!:D:D

·
Registered
38 Posts
Naturally you waited until I finished washing off all the Duluth-trip bug splatters before posting the soda award offer ;)

I'll be there and I think Mr. Happy will be in attendance too if he's not too busy washing blueberry pie out of his hair.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, and I've still got this weekends' 500 miles of splatter still all over mine. But I'm not eligible, since it was my offer...

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Looking forward to it! I'll try to drag Wloescher and my wife up.

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
774 Posts
Well I said this last time, but maybe next time. I'm heading out for a two week ride out west. Enjoy the gathering. Pray to the weather gods for me!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just put the date on my calandar.
Looking forward to it.
I will be the "new guy" on an '08DL650 - Yellow
Just had my initial service done, so I'm still getting comfortable with it..

Bob

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I said this last time, but maybe next time. I'm heading out for a two week ride out west. Enjoy the gathering. Pray to the weather gods for me!
Maybe next time... Have a fantastic trip! Hope to hear the details next time.

I just put the date on my calandar.
Looking forward to it.
I will be the "new guy" on an '08DL650 - Yellow
Just had my initial service done, so I'm still getting comfortable with it..

Bob
Yellow, sweet! You'll be easy to identify. See you then, and welcome to the board!

You know, I shared a wave somewhere on the road on Sunday with a fresh looking yellow Strom, somewhere between NE Mpls to St. Paul (via Hwy 36 and I-35E) to Rochester on Hwy 52, then back home the same route. Just don't recall when/where. I was on my blue Strom with a yellow coat and silver helmet.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I’ve got almost 4000 miles of road grime (and bugs) on my wee right now – unfortunately the rain may be washing some of it off as I type…:devil_16:

Hopefully enough sticks to win the soda :p

I hope to see some of you there, I’m going to try to make it (fingers crossed).:mod2_scooter:

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
damn! I'm busy moving to a bigger place this week, I can't justify flaking out for a few days to make the meet. One of these days I'll ride with you guys!

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay, we're at about a half dozen chiming in saying they'll be there. If you haven't said "yes" to being there and you are planning to come, please let me know. I'd like to give them a heads-up if a whole bunch of people are planning to visit, just as a courtesy to them. (Not that they would be disappointed in seeing 30 customers walk in their door!)

Thanks, and see you there!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got off the phone with my pops - he needs a strong back and weak mind on Weds so I guess I'm out. Have fun... I'll try next time:sad1:

·
Registered
800 Posts
I will try and make it, but family (dad time) may prevent my being there.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Nice meeting everyone, Bob, SteveT MtLee, UncleDave. Thanks for the Malt Steve.

MtLee, the Akely Gully system is in the Paul Bunyan State Forest. All the roads in red are off Highway Motorcycle roads. Lots of abrupt short elevation change due to it being in a small moraine complex. http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/state_forests/sft00038_4.pdf

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, Jay, those were fantastic malts, I'll be swinging in there from time to time if I'm in the area. You can go ahead and clean that windshield now!

Nice to see everyone and put a couple faces with some names. Darn it, I even brought my camera along but forgot to bring it out of the trunk. Oh, well, next time...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Stevet, it is much worse at the moment due to the bugs I drove through on the way home. Went the long way home did not make it until 10:00 PM.

I just finished work so washing the bike will have to wait until Saturday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New to site.

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site and found the messages about the meeting in June at the Coffee shop in Loretto. I go by there everyday on my commute to work. I'd love to get to know some other stromers.

I bought a 2007 DL650 last July for a commuter bike. I live in Howard Lake and work in Plymouth, 35 miles one way. I commute rain or shine. I've got over 9000 on my bike to date.

Let me know when the next meeting is, I'd love to ride with some fellow stomers!

Later, Motormike

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, we should do something again.

Anyone have any ideas? Locations? Dates/times?

That was a tasty hot dog and chocolate malt I had at Retro Roast...

·
Registered
4 Posts
minnesota river

I've takern a ride down the minnesota river, pretty nice ride, from Shakopee down toward Henderson, cirlcle back up toward Hutch and back east. I done it both ways depending if I'm taking the loooong way home or from home on a weekend day.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts