StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get enough interest from you, I will begin setting up a group ride this Spring. Email me so I can determine your interest in doing something like this.

S

·
0 Posts
Revel,
Just bought a big Strom from a buddy down in Winona. I think that I'm going down to pick it up on the 12th of March. I'll be up for rides after that. I also have a DR650 that I've been riding for a couple years that is going to get more dirt focused stuff on it. Keep me posted!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Are the Trout Valley trails still open?? I rode up there years ago, but happened to be there during Turkey season and didn't want to screw up the hunter's morning, so I rode elsewhere... Been tempted to go back but didn't know if it was still open to riding.
My KLR is interested in heading that way for a weekend.. :lol:

S

·
0 Posts
Those trails are still legal to ride but they are too muddy right now, we'd do too much damage. There are trails also at Snake Creek and the Bronk unit in Winona so we should plan a ride this spring on the 650's. The guy I'm buying the Strom from also has a KLR and could be talked into it anytime. There would also be some good camping in the Whitewater State park which is down in that area.

R

·
0 Posts
SIXFIDDYTHUMPA said:
Those trails are still legal to ride but they are too muddy right now, we'd do too much damage. There are trails also at Snake Creek and the Bronk unit in Winona so we should plan a ride this spring on the 650's. The guy I'm buying the Strom from also has a KLR and could be talked into it anytime. There would also be some good camping in the Whitewater State park which is down in that area.
Snake Creek, and Trout Valley both have camping on site. I've ridden both on my KTM. Trout Valley was prety tore up the last time I was there, but Snake Creek has always been good in the spring before they get to overgrown.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SIXFIDDYTHUMPA said:
Revel,
Just bought a big Strom from a buddy down in Winona. I think that I'm going down to pick it up on the 12th of March. I'll be up for rides after that. I also have a DR650 that I've been riding for a couple years that is going to get more dirt focused stuff on it. Keep me posted!
Sixfiddythumpa,

My wife is from Winona and I think she knows just about every person in that town. She went to high school and college there.

Anyway, glad for the response from everyone. I need to have an idea where everyone would like to do a 1 day group ride to and where to meet. The ride starting point will probably be in the Southwest suburbs of Mpls. Last part of April or first part of May when weather is warmer. But let's wait to hear from everyone.

S

·
0 Posts
That is pretty funny, my wife and I went to college there as well as pretty much my whole group of friends. I still love that town and never miss an opportunity to get down there.

We need to get a spring ride going soon, but looking at the weather I don't know if I'll be able to pick the beast up this weekend. We'll have to see how it goes down.

R

·
0 Posts
The temps were prety good today, I installed my new Leo Vince cans, and than put about 100 miles on my He-Strom.

S

·
0 Posts
The bike I'm buying is going in for new sprockets and a chain today or Monday I think. Should be ready for pickup next weekend...can't wait.

R

·
0 Posts
SIXFIDDYTHUMPA said:
The bike I'm buying is going in for new sprockets and a chain today or Monday I think. Should be ready for pickup next weekend...can't wait.
:( That's to bad, the weather for the w/e is looking good enough to do some riding. :cry: How many miles are on the Wee? The Stroms arn't known to be chain eaters, most report a couple of tires before they need a chain. When I sold my 03 DL 1000, it had 12,000 miles on it, and the chain, and sprockets still loked brand new. I only had to adjust the chain 3 times well I had it. At least you will be starting out with everything new. After the intial stretch breaking it in, you should be good for at least half the season before you need to adjust it again.. :D

S

·
0 Posts
It's also the 1000 and it has 18,000 and change on the clock. They didn't look too bad, but my pal offered to put new ones on so I wasn't going to argue. It was more for peace of mind than anything I guess.

R

·
0 Posts
I saw that your bike is the He-Strom after I had already sent the post, I had just figured it was the Wee because of your site name. That must go with the DR 650. It wasn't to good a day for riding anyway, and Sunday looks like it's going to be worse, so you arn't missing much. I hope it does rain tomorrow, it can wash away some of this sand.

S

·
0 Posts
Yeah I've had the DR for two years now and that has been my handle on Adventure Rider so I wanted to keep it. I got the DR fired up today and took it around a couple blocks, I'll probably tinker with it a little more tomorrow and get it out a little further on a ride.

A

·
0 Posts
Hopefully I could make it, I'll be watching this thread...

How about today, see how they handle in the snow... :lol:

R

·
0 Posts
I'll have to keep that time, and place in mind for future Thursdays. Unfortunately it doesn't look like the weather is going to cooperate tomorrow, so I'll have to pass for this week.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had another post about starting a Suzuki motorcycle club. I was seriously considering this and I think I am going to start one up in the next month or two. Would you all be interested in joining. . . no membership payment or any of that stuff to start for sure. It'd have to get big before dues or anything would be required. I was thinking about having a website and organized rides to start. I'd pay for the site and together we could organize rides. What do you all think?

R

·
0 Posts
You can never have to many riding partners. I'll go along and see what it's all about.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts