StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally got my hands on one of these voltmeters. It's a new item from Blue Sea Systems, part #1733
https://www.boemarine.com/products/blue-sea-1733-mini-oled-dc-voltmeter
It's fully waterproof and fits in a cigarette lighter hole. The display is crisp and fully visible at night and in the sun. I got it at Boe marine online for 33.99 which is the cheapest I could find anywhere although they are already sold out again. The only downfall is that it's a little long, about the same as a lighter socket but it fits nicely in the mount I made. Very happy with it for the money. Let's hope it lasts.

image.jpg

Not sure why my picture isn't loading. Says it uploaded and it's 11.6kb

·
Registered
665 Posts
Nice. How's the brightness at night? It looks like the amber should be ok. I just ordered an Eclipse from Sparkbright.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
466 Posts
I like that Blue Sea product. there is a dimensioned drawing here that shows the length and the connectors on the bottom.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
Nice. How's the brightness at night? It looks like the amber should be ok. I just ordered an Eclipse from Sparkbright.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
I just ordered one of these too, when I saw your post I had to google it. looks nice. I can't see my Koso during the day because the LED is not backlit so I will just tie this into the power feed along with the Koso and run them side by side.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
Funny, I just looked West Marine and asked for the volt meter, it showed my two Blue Sea volt meters for $224.00 and $274.00.
Great Gack, they're are pricey. My Wee isn't a Grand Banks!
That 1733 is a nice looking unit and would mount many convenient places.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Night brightness is perfect. 100% visible but not distracting at all. It would be nice if the unit was shorter but it works where I have it mounted.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I went on line and ordered. Later got a email stating they are backordered with no possible date of avail. Why didn't the website say no avail so I wouldn't have had to pay and wait??

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went on line and ordered. Later got a email stating they are backordered with no possible date of avail. Why didn't the website say no avail so I wouldn't have had to pay and wait??
I ordered mine in mid February from a Canadian marine retailer knowing they weren't even going to be available till March. Late March they said back ordered till April 14, checked April 20 and they said May 4. Found them from a US retailer and called even though the website said "in stock". Boe marine had 5, I bought 2 and as of posting this they were out. Keep hunting, it's a brand new product and I'm sure stock will start flooding in, fingers crossed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts