StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did this 2 years ago and had about 10 or so at Miners. Most started at Robs in Enumclaw. Some just met us there. This date is late enough that it will depend on weather, so it will only be posted as a "for sure" 2 or 3 days prior. Starting meet up would be at The Kettle in Enumclaw. Depart time 9AM? That would put us in Union Gap(Miners) between 12:30 and 1 PM.
My plan is to take 410 to Cayuse pass to White Pass going over. Then returning via 410(Chinook). 270-280 miles round trip from Enumclaw. Those from further N. might want to return via I-90.
Like I said earlier it is weather dependent as the mountain passes could pose a problem.

Don

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I really wish I didn't already have plans for that day! Not only do I enjoy a good Miner burger, but it would be a great ride. Hopefully next year I could go on one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have it on my calender. It would be nice to include some gravel in the route. I guess we have to "dress up" since it is halloween weekend. :hurray:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Count me in. A good ride and a great burger, how can you go wrong? :hurray:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Weather permitting. I could uses a good ride. Ritch

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Mmmmm...burgers...

I am thinking I should do this ride again. The southern route up the 25 road then over White pass was a hoot last time.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Hey I just got back from there! Rode over Chinook Pass Tuesday for a Miner Burger then up to Bluet Pass and a camping spot up Teanaway. Wandered the dirt roads on Bluet and came back on Stevens last nite.
Unfortunately, I have out of town guests next weekend so I can't make that one.
Anybody like Tamales? I recently discovered Los Hernandez Tamales - just down the street from Miners. Yummy good tamales. Hijack and advertisement over.
Hope you have a great ride!

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hey Don, if Saturday's forecast doesnt change, is it possible to ride on Sunday?
Just a thought, but I'm in for either day, rain or shine.
Current 10 day forcast: Saturday 29th; Showers 30% chance. Sunday 30th; Mostly Sunny 10% chance of rain.

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Don, if Saturday's forecast doesnt change, is it possible to ride on Sunday?
Just a thought, but I'm in for either day, rain or shine.
Current 10 day forcast: Saturday 29th; Showers 30% chance. Sunday 30th; Mostly Sunny 10% chance of rain.
Yes, Sunday would be an option if Saturday weather stops us. Watch for a mid week update.

Don

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sunday would work better for me too. I was planning to try and find a baby sitter for Saturday to join you all. My wife has to work, then we are off to the home Husky football game.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Ride on or ???

Howdy folks. I was wondering if we are commiting to the ride Saturday. I would like to go and tend to be a "schedule the ride and go" regardless of weather guy. Sunday is out for me as I have a regular Sunday morning appointment.
Curtis

·
Premium Member
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well the weather for both days looks the same at the moment. Cloudy with a slight chance of showers. So unless something changes between now and Friday, lets do Saturday 9 AM departure from Enumclaw(The Kettle Resturant). Bring your raingear just in case. Pass temp. will probably in the 30's or low 40's so remember that extra layer.
The Kettle (1666 2nd St.) does have good food and extra large portions for those who want to get there early for a bite. I'll be there 8:30 or earlier for coffee and a muffin.
For those wanting to meet us at Miners the time should be between 12:30 and 1:00.
Be there or be square.

Don

PM me if you need more info.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
The good news is that when we hit the summit, the weather will be better either day.

I *should* be able to make Saturday...

·
Registered
112 Posts
I moved to Edmonds a couple of months ago. That would put me at about 430 miles for the day. Wonder what the weather is going to be like?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Game On

Looking forward to the ride. I am bringing one of those nasty "GS Adventure" guys. Maybe he will be able to keep up!!!! See all for muffins and coffee at 8:30. I heard Rob and Don were picking up the tab!! RIGHT???:thumbup:

Curtis

·
Registered
133 Posts
I am out unfortunately, work decided to move a deadline up a day so my weekend will be condensed into one very busy day on sunday.

next time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts