StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
17,416 Posts
Any oil additive is generally not a good idea.

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Militec 1 is a lubricant for firearms. Can't say much more than that to shoot it down as a serious subject for a Vstrom engine.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
If I gave you my opinion, they'd probably sue me.

Remember, your engine will go 100,000 miles or more on just oil, what more do you want? You'll get sick of it before you wear it out. My Toyota truck has 358,000 on straight 30wt Pennzoil. I am ALMOST sick of it.

Just my opinion.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Great for Glocks, Smiths, and AKs. I ain't putting it in my Wee though. Hmm, maybe ON it though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the replies and opinions. I know Stroms and others models with over 100k km and never used a single drop of aditive. Just waste of money...

·
Registered
831 Posts
Thank you all for the replies and opinions. I know Stroms and others models with over 100k km and never used a single drop of aditive. Just a waste of money...
C - Again, Miltec 1 is a lubricant intended for external use only, and is primarily intended for use with firearms. It is not an engine oil or an additive to be poured in the sump of an internal combustion engine.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Militec's web site says that it can be added to engine oil. They report good results, as does every other snake oil vendor out there about their own product. As asked above, why bother?

Go ahead, try it. It likely won't hurt. If you find any changes in how your engine runs, let us all know. At two ounces per quart and over $3 per ounce, it ain't cheap. If you find any fuel savings, figure out if your actual fuel cost per mile pays for this stuff, or if you're paying dollars to save pennies.

And be sure to ask Militec if their wondrous stuff is suitable for wet clutches before you buy it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I personally favor a very small group of oil additives, but only for my cars and only in limited situations. Since the motorcycle clutch plates share the same oil as the engine, it pays to be very careful that you do not add anything that might cause a problem. So my bikes get absolutely no additives to the motor oils..... gasoline additives are another subject. :mrgreen:

Vic

1 - 9 of 9 Posts