StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Both is best, but depending on whether it's a 650 or a 1000 & how much power you actually use would determine the answer I would think.
Me, I have a 1000 & don't use all the snort it has to offer, like I did when I first got it.
Better mpg's would be a plus, but I can't complain. Been getting 42 to 49 depending on what I'm doing.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I like performance. Oddly, when I did some mods to my Strom engine, it put our more power and got better mileage. I think the 4 degree ignition advancer helped the mileage, and likely the performance a little.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought a new to me 2012 Wee, I filled it up with premium today and was putting along some back roads at about 40 - 45 mpg and the computer said 64 mpg?? when I got home, what do these get for mileage on the road?

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
I just bought a new to me 2012 Wee, I filled it up with premium today and was putting along some back roads at about 40 - 45 mpg and the computer said 64 mpg?? when I got home, what do these get for mileage on the road?
I remember at least one report of high mileage was the fuel consumption computer readout was found to be set to Imp. Gallons. I would say normal consumption would be 35 to 55 mpg (US) depending on speed as you double the speed drag increases 4 times. I find the owners handbook that comes with the bike has lots of good information. I think many who get a bike second hand may not have one but I think it's worth it to order one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts