StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend I road 1000 kilometres to center of NSW .
Whilst remote road speed of 140 - 150kmph achieved 5.6 ltr per 100 km I was a little concerned my 40k motor might not be capable of it's legendary fuel efficiency.
Last 100 k's home I used throttle as sparingly as speed limit would permit to see what VStrom could still do.
2.9 ltr per 100 km, it's such a good bike!

Attachments

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
The transmogrification tables I found suggests that your 2.9 liter/100Kms = US is 81+mpg. Rather remarkable.

I wonder if Suzuki sells that version of the motor in the US?

Your 5.6 L/100Km is a closer 46mpg, US. About average with a headwind at 70+mph.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2.9 was coming down off Mountains at back of Sydney
I let it Coast a couple of times
Still maintaining speed limit

·
Registered
937 Posts
I notice the readout can be switched between km/liter and liters/100km. What are the reasons, advantages, or disadvantages of using one calculation over the other?
(The non metric side can be toggled between US and Imperial, but shows mpg only, no gallons/100miles.)

·
Registered
14,497 Posts
Funny, if you know your mpg or mpl, miles per liter, why would you give a f about gallons or liters per 100?
We all know the fuel tanks are to small anyway.
And it's good to know that crayfish are math experts!:laugh2:

·
Registered
464 Posts
I notice the readout can be switched between km/liter and liters/100km. What are the reasons, advantages, or disadvantages of using one calculation over the other?
(The non metric side can be toggled between US and Imperial, but shows mpg only, no gallons/100miles.)
It’s just what you are used to. In the metric world I grew up in everybody measures fuel consumption as l/100km, so it’s more meaningful if one is used to this system. It’s like someone telling you combustion engine power in kW and you need to translate it to horsepower to “know” what it means.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts