StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My handle is Strider and I have put a little over 102,000 miles on a Honda Valkyrie over the last 5 years through 46 states. Been riding most of my life and if the dealer still has it in stock, I may be picking up a new 650 Wee tomorrow morning. I think the only thing that will stop it will be if he/she sold it in the last 3 days.

I think the Vstrom will add a whole new dimension to riding - allowing access to more varied roads and not having to stick to slabs like I do now with a 1000 pound cruiser.

I have been reading your forum and checking out bikes for the last couple of months and the Strom just seems to fit.....will keep the Valk in the stable, but sure look forward to seeing some country on the Wee. Have dreamed of a ride up the Dalton and down to Copper Canyon and the Strom seems like a perfect bike for it.

I will post some shots of the new lady if all works out tomorrow. Nice forum here by the way! :thumbup:

Strider - Louisiana

(The present lady - Traveller)

Hope to have some pictures of the new lady tomorrow!

·
Registered
89 Posts
In the front of the shop sits a Yamaha Venture. The wee sees a lot more use. The Venture has turned into the cold or wet bike. Wee does dirt to interstate. and a lot more fun to ride.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, bought the Wee (sight unseen) today. Dealer had sold the one they had and were not getting any more. Said they could locate one if I wanted. Ummm, yep! Gave me the prices for 09 Wee and Vee and the 11 Wee. Went with the 2011 650 and put the downpayment on it. They are going to pick it up and deliver it and service it tomorrow (from Houma, La) and I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Can't wait, can't wait! Whoooo-Hooooo! Or I guess I should say....Weeee Heeee! :hurray::thumbup::hurray:

Went over to my daughter's and got insurance on it so I am ready tomorrow.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
A friend has a Valk and a Wee. The Wee gets most of his riding time, but he forgets that he has to downshift when passing cars, not like the Valk where there's always more power with a twist of the throttle.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Man, I am soooooo stoked to pick up the Wee. Leaving in about 30 minutes....Whoooo-Hoooooo!

Pictures later..... :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ordered the Givi engine guard and skid plate (with mounting hardware for the Givi) and the highway pegs for the skid plate.

Man, I can't wait to take her for a spin......... :hurray:

I can give my impression this evening of the Suzuki. (Been biding my time watching Vstom videos on Youtube and reading this forum all morning).

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it. Much different than your other bike (which is a really good looking machine).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts