Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

3rd annual Midwest StromTrooper Rally
August 6th & 7th 2021

August 6th
Afternoon Dinner Ride Time to be announced

August 7th 8:00 AM
Join other V-Strom owners on a guided 275 plus mile ride through the Ozark Scenic Byways and Mark Twain National Forest. The ride will make a few stops at local landmarks and points of interest.
You can also ride on your own.
Although this event will be catered to the V-Strom's abilities, all bikes and riders are welcome. Plan for a whole day of riding with a 70/30 pavement to gravel mix.
There is no charge for the event itself but, you will be responsible for your own meals, gas, and lodging.
Lodging Information
https://fortdavidson.com/

Check the Facebook Event Page for updates.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sounds really cool. (OK, probably the hottest time of the year, but sounds like a great place to ride. I might be down for it if covid is under control enough.

·
Registered
21 Posts
"Hey hon, you want to go to Missouri for an extended weekend in August?, I'll ride my motorcycle one day and we'll hit some wineries in the area."
"Sure!!, let's put it on the calendar."
CRAP. we have to go to a wedding that weekend.:(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Oh this is just in Missouri? I'm not sure why but I figured Midwest would be further west. I'm in north Alabama so that's about 7 hours of riding to get there... not bad. Still, it sounds like a good time.

I am a regular at the eastern v strom rally. I think this time will be my 5th year at the rally.
I rode an 06Vee for a long time but recently bought a 2014Vee. It's fully geared for adventure dirt and trail riding with 50/50 Mitas E07's and all the needed protections. I have also been riding a dirt bike (WR426) for the last.. 4 years? With all that said, I'd love some trail/dirt riding like what is in the video posted here.

What is the usual attendance to the rally? It looks like there is a Friday night ride to dinner then a full adventure ride on Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
Only an 8 hour drive for me, and I've always wanted to ride the Ozarks.

Hmmm...

·
Registered
932 Posts
It looks like there is a Friday night ride to dinner then a full adventure ride on Saturday?
I had a similar question. The video shows a lot of off-road riding. I'm more of a 90/10...well, more like 95/5 street/off-road rider, and the Wee's not set up for much more than gravel or very mild forest roads.

I visited that area (Eminence, Jacks Fork River) by car many years ago and spent the whole time wishing I was on my MC.

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
I had a similar question. The video shows a lot of off-road riding. I'm more of a 90/10...well, more like 95/5 street/off-road rider, and the Wee's not set up for much more than gravel or very mild forest roads.

I visited that area (Eminence, Jacks Fork River) by car many years ago and spent the whole time wishing I was on my MC.
Lots of great paved roads around there, I did a Kawasaki Concours event in that area (Spider Ride) back in '02 or '03 and loved it. I'm sure there will be like-minded people there. If I can make it I'll be one. :)

Reactions: billeclubb

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This is a 70/30 mix for the total ride where all gravel roads are regular traveled county roads. Last year we had kawi do the whole ride on Q3s. I have also done it on the stock battle-axes. We all ride together and make sure everyone makes it over any questionable spots. I even spend time teaching a little for those who will listen. (Lots of on and off road experience) I take the DL places she should probably never go. The ride also makes stops at local points of interest. Alley Springs, Rocky Falls, Echo Bluff etc. The turn out is up in the air because of the recent events but I figure around 20 vstroms as the event grows. Depending on the skill set of the crowd I even have an option for a support vehicle to follow the ride. This year looks to be the best so far with having the last two years to refine the event. I try to check the the forum often but I tend to stay in the social media platforms more so feel free to reach out with any questions.

·
Registered
932 Posts
I have vacation time to burn and, more importantly, I got the blessing from the Almighty Missus. I think I'm in!

I'm hoping to come down (from WI) on Thursday, maybe explore the area a little on my own Friday before things officially kick off, then boogie back on Sunday.

This will be my first extended trip in a while, so I'm looking forward to checking out some new scenery.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I kinda/sorta/maybe have a possibility of joining!! (how's that for certainty...) anyway, if I can join I'd have to stay up near Farmington so I can use hotel points to cut down cost. That shouldn't be a problem, should it? Will be a nice 8(ish) hour ride from Nebraska for me, so really looking forward.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Hotel reservation's been made!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Sadly, it's 27 hours away from me. Know of any Strom rallies that are farther west?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts