StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, not everyone works Monday thru Friday. That leaves some prime riding time during the week open for exploitation! I'm looking for mostly Central Ohio people who'd like to get out during the week for some day rides or planned overnight camping rides like the dragon, the UP, and Pennsylvania or WV.
Give me some names and contact info and we'll see if we can't improve your days off a bit.:D

·
0 Posts
I'm always up for a mid-week ride...but due to my schedule, I wouldn't be able to commit until last minute.

I'm planning to take the GF for a ride on Sunday...leaving early morning...riding some of my "new found" roads I've been shown.

Anybody else interested???

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I have a vacation day scheduled next Tues the 23rd. I can possibly do a day ride leaving around 9am, or after 4pm. Anyone going to the vintage show? I believe that is Sat.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm off wednesdays and thursdays, but this coming wed/thurs I'm pretty booked. Other than that I'm in. Oh, and I get off early on Tuesdays and don't go back until late Fridays, so that helps too.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
I have some mid week days off, let us know, I will be gone till the end of Sept. for some military training. Then I would like to do some fall rides.
______
Kyle

·
Administrator
17,099 Posts
I have some mid week days off, let us know, I will be gone till the end of Sept. for some military training. Then I would like to do some fall rides.
______
Kyle

You need to get your butt to the Fall rally at Brendans!!!!!!;)

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Hey Big B!
I'm going to try, but after not being home for six weeks it might not happen.

I'm hoping he has it the first weekend in October, then I'm there.

Looking forward to Sunday, talk at you then.
______
Kyle

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm going to be a last minute commiter too next week. Gotta keep time olen to learn some mech stuff on the KLR. I rode the V-Strom today helping mark the COCR ride stuff. Big boy did well and other than one section where I went down in a puddle the "V" impressed me. Lucky I had the Givi's on so there were no scratches. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a flexible schedule just let me know with a weeks notice and I should be able to make a day ride. I'll be at the vintage bike show this weekend. We are camping Mohican State Forest.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
How about Wednesday, Aug 1st or Thursday Aug 2nd? I'm free both days.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wednesdays are usually good for me. What do you have in mind? A local tour 100 mi or so with stops or a butt crusher, 200+ with stops for gas and pee? :)
I'd like to take the "V" down around Tar Hollow and see how it does in the park. Then play around McCarthur (sp?) and Lancaster area. Or for a gentle ride West Liberty and Urbana have shown some promise for paved and gravel sections.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
It doesn't matter to me really. I ended up doing 635 total miles the last one we did. I'll do it again :D

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How's this. Wednesday the 1st I'll see if Mark, he and Merideth were on the KLR's, can do a tour around Mnt Vernon and areas East of there towards Coshocton. Mohawk dam area has a lot of ups and downs with turns. If he can't go at least I can get a GPS map. I'll see if he can get a good place to meet also.
Luke

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sounds like a plan!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mark replied:
Yep, sure would. I gotta tell you, though, I'm Johnny Speedlimit lately, so if you guys want to really rip I'm not your man. Plus the KLR is burning oil, more speed = more oil! 65-ish is good for me...

I'll plot a route. Maybe we can meet in Danville, or even at my house if you want.

Your thoughts?:)

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I'm in. Any wed/thurs ride I don't plan to miss.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'm also free Wed. Aug 1st and Thur. aug 2nd.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just moved to Westerville last week. Big B is in my neighborhood, nice meeting you the other day. Lemme know if anyone is heading out. I'm still unpacking and not starting work for a few days so I'm up for some midweek riding.

·
Registered
14 Posts
have v-strom, will ride. weekdays ok with me. weather permitting. i dig riding SE Ohio. columbus - mcconnelsville - athens loop is a good ride.

motorpsycho jim
columbus, ohio
05 v-strom 1k

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well, while I have been riding it hasn't been so much on the V but on the KLR. I am looking forward to some late winter/spring riding as weather allows. I guess now is the time of year to get all those maintance items caught up on. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts