StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of planning a 3 day mid-week trip to the New River in WV to do some riding, some camping, and some rafting. Any interest? Here's a tentative plan:

Ride down on a Tuesday, to arrive at a campgrounds along the New River somewhere Tuesday night.

Spend all day Wednesday exploring the myriad of wild roads in the WV New River area, of course checking out the New River Gorge Bridge.

Ride to, and complete a half-day rafting trip on the New River on Thursday, and head back home Thursday afternoon/evening.

Anyone interested? The New River Gorge area is about 5 hours from Cleveland, even closer from Columbus. I haven't decided yet on a date or anything, this is still in the early stages. I've got weird mid-week days off, so I usually can't make weekend trips.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I'm interested, but would opt out of the rafting.

Did you get my PM about the gravel ride?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm interested, but would opt out of the rafting.

Did you get my PM about the gravel ride?
Yeah, got it. I've been away for my anniversary. I'll get back to you on that soon!

I need a little time to determine if my bike is fixed before I can set a date for this mini-event. I took it for a test ride today and it seems to be fine, but I need to give it some more time

Just taking a quick look at my calender, I could do July 8-10 or July 22-24.

Thoughts?

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
Wish I could, that is a hectic time for me. Mid week stuff would be really tough. Hell, even week end stuff is tough for the next few months. If you set the date, I'll try, but can't say right now.

·
Super Moderator
16,232 Posts
You actually trust that piece of crap that you ride....to go back down there "again"?:devil_16: Sounds like allot of fun...wish I could do it.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You actually trust that piece of crap that you ride....to go back down there "again"?:devil_16: Sounds like allot of fun...wish I could do it.
Trust me, I'm still not entirely sure about it. Who knows, maybe by the time this happens I'll be on something else. Being stranded with no bike in some remote spot of WV wouldn't be fun.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
I'd love to go, that's a great area and I have friends there but it's the worst month for me....sounds like a blast and I hope someone takes some pics!

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
Sounds intriguing, I haven't been on the New in many years. The week of the 22nd is more doable but I have to check the schedule and the social secretary ;).

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I just got back earlier tonight from a 2 day trip down with another guy from ADV. I've done similar trips to the NRG the last 3 years, so this is my 4th or 5th trip. Never rafted, though.

This particular trip, we took 555 and 550 to Marietta, then dog legged into WV and rode 16 all the way down, 60 over through the Hawk's Nest - Ansted area, and camped at Babcock SP. Next day it was 41 down to Beckley, the NRG, and then 16 to 4 in Clay, over to 36 north up to 14, and then up through Parkersburg via I-77. 730 miles total, good time.

I'd still be interested in doing it again if the dates work out.

Dan, I'm going to Fri / Sat off soon (no more Wed / Thur).

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I still really want to do this, but the bike swap I've been working on has put a dent it my plans. Once I get this FZ ready to travel I'll update this and see who's interested.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Dear xuanlu425,

Fuc K off.

-Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts