StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
There are a LOT of great back roads all through this area not even mentioning getting into DC and Baltimore super easy to visit all they have to offer.
If you are not from around here, we have the awesome possibilities in our rides to go to the mountains one day and the ocean the next with rolling hills to flat farm land in between. You go 1/2 mile off the road and go back 200 years! It is absolutely beautiful all year long in places to see. I am really close where MD, VA and WV(+ Wash DC area) all meet.
Then its 20 minutes to the PA line for amazing back roads!!!
They have opened an ADV trail that runs right by here taking in PA/MD/WV/VA and beyond with roads, trails and some fun stuff. I am still exploring those areas with the off road portions and will post what I find here!!!
I am a retired MD police detective and ride all year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Drop a little South of there and you are on the Massanutten Ridge or the Blue Ridge. A bit West, you are in the Appalachian Mountains. Romney Cycles in Romney, WV hosts an annual Camp and Ride event that is central to some of the best riding in the Mid-Atlantic.
I live in the Tidewater, VA region and there is a terrific selection of back roads here as well. Lots of minor elevation changes and roads built to allow for heavy logging make for a great spot to ride!

Reactions: CAP10

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all,
There are a LOT of great back roads all through this area not even mentioning getting into DC and Baltimore super easy to visit all they have to offer.
If you are not from around here, we have the awesome possibilities in our rides to go to the mountains one day and the ocean the next with rolling hills to flat farm land in between. You go 1/2 mile off the road and go back 200 years! It is absolutely beautiful all year long in places to see. I am really close where MD, VA and WV(+ Wash DC area) all meet.
Then its 20 minutes to the PA line for amazing back roads!!!
They have opened an ADV trail that runs right by here taking in PA/MD/WV/VA and beyond with roads, trails and some fun stuff. I am still exploring those areas with the off road portions and will post what I find here!!!
I am a retired MD police detective and ride all year.
Do you have any suggestions near Harrisburg PA? Or any favorites in general in PA, MD, etc.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have any suggestions near Harrisburg PA? Or any favorites in general in PA, MD, etc.
The Michaux State Park is fun with mostly dirt gravel roads/trails and the other parks right up that way are very nice. There is also the PA back country loop you can find online. The MABDR runs right by you there up to the NY line. Look for us and that info on Face Book at the MABDR site (MidAtlantic Backcountry Discovery Route) or at RideBDR.com. Craig PALEN MABDR Ambassador

1 - 4 of 4 Posts