StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I am starting to already plan an adventure trip for summer of 2011. I would enjoy having a buddy on this trip but prepared to go solo. As of now I am planning on doing the last 2-3 weeks of July. Like I said I am just starting to plan but for sure I want to hit CO, UT, MO, etc. Please post or pm me if you have an interest in going. This is on my bucket list so I have to do it.

·
Premium Member
2,354 Posts
Your trip will grow.

Here is one branch to consider adding.

US 93 goes through Idaho and western Montana, and it is very pretty. I rode it south to north, but it would be just as much fun the other way (I looked in my mirrors, so I know this is so).

In Idaho, 93 follows the Salmon River, which Lewis and Clark pronounced as too turbulent to be useful for navigation in either direction. I agree, and that turbulence makes it fun to watch as you ride.

So I say take a look at US 93. Up in Montana it shows you the Bitterroot Range, and those are much lovelier mountains than we have in Florida or you have in Michigan.

I won't ride with you, because I am going other places, but you will cross my tracks a lot, and if you have as much fun as I had making those tracks, you will enjoy your ride a lot. And how could you not?

Good luck, and as we atheists say, dogs peed.

Keith

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is one branch to consider adding.

US 93 goes through Idaho and western Montana, and it is very pretty. I rode it south to north, but it would be just as much fun the other way (I looked in my mirrors, so I know this is so).

In Idaho, 93 follows the Salmon River, which Lewis and Clark pronounced as too turbulent to be useful for navigation in either direction. I agree, and that turbulence makes it fun to watch as you ride.

So I say take a look at US 93. Up in Montana it shows you the Bitterroot Range, and those are much lovelier mountains than we have in Florida or you have in Michigan.

I won't ride with you, because I am going other places, but you will cross my tracks a lot, and if you have as much fun as I had making those tracks, you will enjoy your ride a lot. And how could you not?

Good luck, and as we atheists say, dogs peed.

Keith
Thank you for the comments I'll use them when I plan the route.

·
Registered
981 Posts
While it is a bit far out for me to plan, I might be interested in joining you for at least part of the trip - CO was on my list of plans for this year and ended up getting canceled due to work conflicts.
Also, feel free to give me a shout sometime if you want to get together for some backroads exploring in SW Michigan area. I am just east of Benton Harbor, and do a lot of riding around Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While it is a bit far out for me to plan, I might be interested in joining you for at least part of the trip - CO was on my list of plans for this year and ended up getting canceled due to work conflicts.
Also, feel free to give me a shout sometime if you want to get together for some backroads exploring in SW Michigan area. I am just east of Benton Harbor, and do a lot of riding around Berrien, Cass, and Van Buren counties.
Sounds good, I'll be in touch about the trip and for sure some SW Michigan riding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts