StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my bike to the dealer today for my tires, it only took 18 weeks to get them!! They look kinda funky, at least the front tire does, like someone cut a couple hundred lines across them with a X-Acto knife? The rear tire came in two days, the front has been on backorder, and when it finally came in a week ago-- thay recalled it! So far the ride is a lot smoother, but then it should be with street-only tires. The front was made in Spain, the rear was made in Korea, not bad for a German named tire (LOL). My dad has pilot road 2's on his trike with over 12,000 miles on them, and they still look new, I hope these will do at least that good! Cheers--BB

· Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,931 Posts

· Registered
12,475 Posts
They look kinda funky, at least the front tire does, like someone cut a couple hundred lines across them with a X-Acto knife?
sipes, common on winter & wet traction car tires, help immensly with traction

could it finally be that tire manufacturers are opening their eyes to some of the reasons darksiders like car tires on there bikes

· Registered
6,839 Posts
Yes it turns out to be edges that are important not lugs going down in.

I think thicker mud might make this untrue

When the world was mad at the French I switched to Dunlop UK/:-|Japan factory in Buffalo, ny

In came my qualifiers...... Made in France.

· Registered
522 Posts
Lets us know how you like them and their performance. There are quite a few Strom's that never see anything remotely considered off-road duty.

Seeing how the tires are made in Korea and Spain may be the reason why the horror stories about the PRIII's seem to be so prevelant and thus the recall of the front tire (remember the guy on the FZ6 forum) .

I wish there was a full disclosure law in place that would make any company with a settled lawsuite due to a safty issue come clean on what happened and why the product failed. As it is now, we see documented problems with no reason why and $$ making its way to who was hurt and their attorney. No acknowlegement of responcibility.

· Registered
254 Posts
Seeing how the tires are made in Korea and Spain may be the reason why the horror stories about the PRIII's seem to be so prevelant and thus the recall of the front tire (remember the guy on the FZ6 forum
So far I have only seen the one story repeated on several other forums

· Registered
522 Posts
So far I have only seen the one story repeated on several other forums
I've seen others (w/pics), but were pulled by the mods very quickly. A couple of them looked a little fishy as in fake, but a few looked very credible. Nothing as severe as the one of the FZ6 forum though, just some light blistering.

Just remember, recalls (voluntary or forced) happen because of more than 1 event. That tells me there is a potential issue and I'll refrain from using until they have gotten it all straightened out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.