StromTrooper banner

Michelin Anakee 3

8K views 27 replies 17 participants last post by  willwoms 
#1 ·
Anybody running the Anakee 3 and how ya like em? Thinking about trying out one on the rear of my 650...

#2 ·
Yup been overall my favorite tire to date, and yeah I've ridden on more than a few different makes/models. Dry traction is ridiculous, wet traction is for sure good, and also handle fairly well on gravel and dry hard pack roads. They do hum, but are the quietest/smoothest tires I've ran in a LONG TIME.

#3 ·
I have them on my 2006 R1200GS and I am very happy with handling both wet and dry and wear. Actually they are the best wearing tires I have ever ran. At several thousand they are showing very little signs of wear.

Unfortunately I am really unhappy with how loud they are. I have TKC80 on my other GS and the Anakee 3's are several times more loud.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a brand spanking new set of A-3's sitting on the shelf waiting to be installed on either my sons 650 or mine, its a race to see who's need replacing first, his 705's or my Trailwings.

No opinion yet on handling or how long they last but I must say I heaven't heard a peep out of them since I put them on the shelf:grin2:.

My brothers girlfriend put a set of A-3's on her BMW-700 and just headed off on a 6 or 7 thousand kilometer road trip so I'll chat her up when she returns to find out how she likes them.

#5 ·
Best tires to date for me on the V2. They hum a bit but I just don't hear it in my Schuberth with ear buds and they quiet down a little with mileage. The TKC70s were a little louder than these. It is looking like they will go 10k+ miles but I am pretty easy on tires. Also, look at the PR4's (Pilot Road Trail).

Reactions: S391 and Big B
#7 · (Edited)
I like them a lot. I’d like the look of a more aggressive tire, but in terms of performance for what I do they are probably ideal. They do hum a little which I wasn’t expecting given the street oriented look they have. I had them on gravel and dry dirt yesterday and they performed well. The front did wander a bit in loose gravel but a little more throttle and just allowing it to slide around a bit.

#16 ·
I don't get the life out of them that others get but I love the traction and unless they stop building them I won't be buying anything else.

Reactions: Big B and Cryoman
#26 ·
Isn't that sort of odd? Almost every other tire report I've seen on whatever brand is usually 2-to-1, (2 rears to every one front)?

#19 ·
I purchased my '12 DL650 in Aug '18 with Anakee 3's on it. They looked reasonably new & the date codes were 2617 & 4117 (the tires were produced the 2nd 1/2 of 2017). I don't know how many miles the tires had on them prior to my purchase of the bike, but i put 6,000 miles on it & the tires have shown very minimal wear.

#23 ·
They seem to be tire pressure / mileage sensitive from everything I have read. Mine are in the 41/42 psi setting for use primarily on pavement. Lowered in the mid 30's for off-road is another story on mileage IMO.

#27 ·
Just installed a set of Michelin Adventure tires. We'll see. BTW, how do you get a pic not to show up sideways?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.