Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm planning 2 weeks +/- in april/may, crossing into mexico at Reyonosa or close to. Planning on riding 40/40d and surrounding roads, eating off the street vendors, sleeping in hostels and cheap $25 hotels. so far i've found MEDJET insurance at $99 and full coverage bike insurance at $114, appx $30 for visa and $400 for TVIP. Tvip refunded coming back across into texas. i'll have yet to be purchased tires for street but will ride dirt roads if lost :) anyone ever been and have suggestions? anyone want to join me?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mexico???

Went into Mexico with a group from Motorcycle Touring Foundation in September as part of the IronButt Border-to-Border 36 hour. The advise we were given by locals, customs, area bikers and more was very simple, don't.

We had to go in for the certification of the ride but it was a quick trip into Mexico. We quickly turned around, got our time date stamp for the ride and got out.

Ride Safe.

Ken (Tallahassee)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ken, sounds like you got to see a lot of the people and the culture.
We've had 7 murders in my home town since the new year. our police officers (retired) are shooting people over a bag of popcorn. I witness roadrage every day. Florida is a very unsafe place for tourist. Yet people flock into orlando/disney by thousands daily. I will not ride my bike to orlando! i've not heard anything negative about mexico since january. the few people i have contact with that are in Mexico or have just returned from there have nothing but positive comments. i've been all over the world, mostly by myself. i don't see any problems that I don't have at home.

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
I am paranoid
but

I had a Mexican Business Asspc. and suggest I go visit them

They said your nuts

You will get kidnapped and if your lucky they ONLY will cleanout your bank account and leave you at the side of the road 10 miles outside of town.

This is the best option

1 - 4 of 4 Posts