StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running Tourence EXP's for quite a while, and have become very comfortable with how hard I can push my bike on the street. I recently mounted TKC 80's and am a little apprehensive about how hard to corner with the knobbies. I really don't want to low side. Does anyone have any experience with this.

Thanks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've been leaned over far enough to inadvertantly scrape my right peg going around a turn and had no problems. The TKCs have been plenty sticky for me but man I am paying the price in tread wear.....2000 miles and the rear is just about done.

·
Premium Member
1,902 Posts
Running my first set of TKCs now. Pleasantly surprised how well they handle pavement considering the profile. Once you get used to the tires you can get quite a bit of lean out of them. If you do run into gravel on top of asphalt in a turn they will kick out on you (as will most other tires). Most of my riding is backroad blacktop, gravel, and fire trails (when lucky). Have approx. 2500 / 3000 miles on them. Seem to be wearing well. :yesnod:

·
Registered
22,321 Posts
I've been leaned over far enough to inadvertantly scrape my right peg going around a turn and had no problems. The TKCs have been plenty sticky for me but man I am paying the price in tread wear.....2000 miles and the rear is just about done.
what pressure you running, I've was able to get about 5000-6000 miles from a rear TKC running at 42psi, only ran them once, I prefer Karoo Ts (now Karoo IIs) they don't seem as lumpy to me on pavement and have been able to get clost to 7500 miles from a rear Karoo T

currently I'm darkside, running a car tire in back and the last 30% on a TKC in front

I have never had any problem getting any tire to lean enuf to scrape hardware on pavement

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually had these same TKC's on a couple of years ago, but then took them off for a track day after only a hundred miles or so. They (the TKC's) were sitting in my shed so I figured I might as well use them. After the track day I learned how to not scrape my pegs anymore by leaning off the bike, so hopefully I won't have any problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts