StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Put a pair of Metzler Next tires on my V Strom.

Very expensive but have put 6,000 miles on them and they look brand new.
Probably get maybe 12,000 on them (I hope).

Also handle great.

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
I got a rear EXP for $20, but the NEXT will be my next tires to try. Love the Battlewings "especially for the coin", but the NEXT are getting grand reviews.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Put a pair of Metzler Next tires on my V Strom.

Very expensive but have put 6,000 miles on them and they look brand new.
Probably get maybe 12,000 on them (I hope).

Also handle great.
Curious what pressures you are running on the Metzlers--same as stock? I have bought a set of them and will be getting them installed in the next week or two, replacing the stock Trailwings (7700 miles and a bit of tread left, but squaring off in the back due to some highway riding).

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am running 38 PSI on the front and 42 PSI on the rear.

Very little rain so far so that handling issue is still up in the air.
Unfortunatey, I just got a nail in the rear yesterday. Plugged it and ordered a new tire. If they give me 12,000 miles I guess it was half used.

Oh well

·
Premium Member
3,405 Posts
I got a rear EXP for $20, but the NEXT will be my next tires to try. Love the Battlewings "especially for the coin", but the NEXT are getting grand reviews.
Now I have to go find out what a NEXT tire is. Never heard of them before, Big B. The Metzler Tourance EXP tires on my bird now have worked well, but are nearing the end. WTH is a NEXT?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Now I have to go find out what a NEXT tire is. Never heard of them before, Big B. The Metzler Tourance EXP tires on my bird now have worked well, but are nearing the end. WTH is a NEXT?
Not Big B, but I would imagine NEXT is the flavor of tire by Metzler as the title suggests.

Quick Googling says yes. :)

Metzeler Tourance NEXT Tires - RevZilla

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
NEXT is the latest tire from Metzler and the replacement for the EXP.

·
Administrator
17,352 Posts
It's more of a street-oriented tire, rather than a dualsport tire.
Consensus says it does better than what it should and or stacks pretty well with some which are more aggressive.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Consensus says it does better than what it should and or stacks pretty well with some which are more aggressive.
That is interesting, given its tread pattern. Looking at it, one would imagine those tires being on a sportbike or a sport tourer, like an ST1300, etc. looks like it would be a smooth mover, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts