StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks again for the tour, boys. Great to meet you both. Badtraindriver and I had a wonderful time. We got home at about 2:00 pm Sunday, after having left around 4:00 am.

Mike and Larry, good to meet you guys, too.

All of us on Lookout Rock (minus Larry and Mike):

R

·
0 Posts
Good to meet yall as well. Glad to hear U had a good time and a safe trip home.

RR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Greenville, SC area

How many V-stromers are in the Upstate SC area? I'm a new owner of a DL650 and just looking to ride with some other V-stromers kinda close to home. I'm in the Greater Tigerville-Metro.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
How many V-stromers are in the Upstate SC area? I'm a new owner of a DL650 and just looking to ride with some other V-stromers kinda close to home. I'm in the Greater Tigerville-Metro.
Your bike doesn't happen to be blue and you didn't happen to be riding near Paris Mt. on 253 at 9:30 AM this morning's spitting rain (10/25)?

MeefZah,

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been waiting for you or BTD to start a thread before I posted any pictures or incriminating video. Especially of BTD's BRP off-roading excitement. I can make that video go away. Single-Malt Scotch Whisky's can be very effective in such matters.

I hope we were able to show you some fun roads and nice scenery, graveled corners on Rich Mountain notwithstanding. Next time you come down I'd be happy to show you some more of the dirt and gravel roads I use to "commute".

I really enjoyed your visit, a great excuse to get out and ride. By the way, I froze my ass off camping with Mike D. and ELBrown, it got down close to freezing and I wasn't quite prepared. I hope you got to enjoy a little Asheville nightlife before you left

Norm

R

·
0 Posts
Your bike doesn't happen to be blue and you didn't happen to be riding near Paris Mt. on 253 at 9:30 AM this morning's spitting rain (10/25)?

MeefZah,

Thanks for the kind words.

I've been waiting for you or BTD to start a thread before I posted any pictures or incriminating video. Especially of BTD's BRP off-roading excitement. I can make that video go away. Single-Malt Scotch Whisky's can be very effective in such matters.

I hope we were able to show you some fun roads and nice scenery, graveled corners on Rich Mountain notwithstanding. Next time you come down I'd be happy to show you some more of the dirt and gravel roads I use to "commute".

I really enjoyed your visit, a great excuse to get out and ride. By the way, I froze my ass off camping with Mike D. and ELBrown, it got down close to freezing and I wasn't quite prepared. I hope you got to enjoy a little Asheville nightlife before you left

Norm
Oh Man!! I knew if I left early I'd miss all the excitement. Bring on the pics. Looks like BTD is MIA or something. I have been waiting and looking for his ride report to no avail. Lets see them Norm.

RR

·
Registered
13 Posts
Na, that wasn't me, I rode last Tuesday up Cesar's Head and over to 178. I have a silver '06, skid plate, crash bars, and givi E45's. Its my first bike, bought it the first week of September and then worked every day since, I'm just now finally getting to ride.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Videos

Well, I finally did it.

I got signed up a YouTube just so I could post some videos here. Let's see how this goes:

Here's a clip as we enter the State of South Carolina that's BTD illustrating the torque curve of the DL1000 motor,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOLwTbGzoEs

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Here's BTD getting up from his nap.

The bike was even more tired than him.

Those litre bikes just can't handle the thin mountain air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeFSIc-fPIU

Guys it was great having you down here, I hope you had as much fun as I did.

Cheers,

Norm

·
0 Posts
I'm very sorry I dropped the ball on this Ride Report guys...as I had a great time meeting and riding with everyone too. I'll definitely let you all know when I'm back in town...and we'll ride again!!!

Here's a few of my photos from the trip...and please feel free to ad to them.

BTD.

Friday night meeting.

Mark playing around while I had a smoke.

Amazing view!!!

The group...minus RidgeRunner.

This sign leads to...

These Roads!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts