StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Merry Christmas, Canadian troopers, spring is coming...

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
And a Happy Solstice to you! YES, the days are getting longer!
"if you're Jewish, wish me Happy Hanukkah, if you're Muslim, wish me Happy Ramadan, if you're Christian wish me Merry Christmas. If you're African-American wish me Happy Quanzaa. I won't be offended, I'll just be thankful you took the time to say something nice to me." I might also hope that you be touched by His noodly appendage.:yesnod:

Best wishes everyone,
Chris

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
"if you're Jewish, wish me Happy Hanukkah, if you're Muslim, wish me Happy Ramadan, if you're Christian wish me Merry Christmas. If you're African-American wish me Happy Quanzaa. I won't be offended, I'll just be thankful you took the time to say something nice to me." I might also hope that you be touched by His noodly appendage.:yesnod:

Best wishes everyone,
Chris
Thank you and Ramen

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
You said it!

Thank you and Ramen
You Pastafarians have great senses of humour.

Best wishes for a mild winter. I hope to see many of you in Barrie May 3.

Keith

EDIT, to answer the question in the post after this one:

For several years, Ontario Stromtroopers have gathered near Barrie on either the last Sunday in April,
or more recently the first Sunday in May, to share wishes for better weather, then shrug and ride into
whatever weather is happening then, lunch in Muskoka, and ride to about Washago, shedding riders
who live in Bracebridge, Gravenhurst, Ottawa, etc. en route.

I have ridden from Florida thrice to participate, usually bringing fresh Florida oranges and souvenirs to
share (battery chargers, voltmeters, tire plug-kits, tape measures, etc. from Harbor Freight). Once I
brought some Florida lottery tickets, and these were welcomed, because two were winners ($1 & $4).

I have an extra reason to ride this year, because I have ridden through ten provinces and a mere 41 states.
Well, 568v8 has ridden through one more state than I have, so I hope to reach CT, RI, & MA en route, to
give me 44 states and a temporary edge, until 568v8 visits Dixie and surges ahead once more.

Come March, there will probably be a thread about this ride, because it is a great tradition.

Keith

·
Registered
487 Posts
Merry Christmas to all you too! What's harping in Barrie on May 2?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
What's harping in Barrie on May 2?

That would be the new Barrie Harpists Guild concert at their new Guild headquarters.

There is an incredible amount of community support in Barrie for their Harpists.

Get your tickets now before they're all gone...

·
Registered
487 Posts
That would be the new Barrie Harpists Guild concert at their new Guild headquarters.

There is an incredible amount of community support in Barrie for their Harpists.

That's so funny, just read what the autocorrect did

·
Registered
712 Posts
... and a happy new year

Lyre! Sure you're not talking about the Barrie Harp-it's-not Guild?

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Lyre! Sure you're not talking about the Barrie Harp-it's-not Guild?
Don't mess with the Harpists unless you want to get strung up.

It's serious business there.

Besides, all the lyres are in Ottawa.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts