StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been busy over the past few weeks...

* Flush mount turn signals
* Pelican 1550 top case
* Mermite cans on SW Motech quick release racks
* Givi engine guards
* Dan Vesel skid plate
* Stealth exhaust cover (painted flat black for when Mermites are removed)
* Grand Touring USA grips
* Pig Pen bumper sticker

Cee Bailey screen and hand guards are on their way! Pic can be seen here:
http://public.fotki.com/boroop/motorcycles/v-strom_650/

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Boroop

Like what you have done so far. But those cases are just begging for reflective tape in my opinion or even reflective pin stripes. Either way I like the cases, very functional and rugged looking. Farkle on.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not sure about the reflective tape stuff for those cases. Most of my riding is done during the daylight hours.

Maybe more dirt biking stickers. They are prime real estate for advertising! They add a huge amount of carrying capacity to the bike and are rock solid up to and beyond highway speeds.

SW Motech racks are awesome. They're solid as a rock and easy to install/remove.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mikevstrom,

I mounted the 1550 by drilling three holes and buying longer bolts from the hardware store.. There's a hole in the stock rack that is in the middle of the rack at the very rear point. I drilled that hole first. (using a left over 1/4 inch SAE bolt proved to work well since the frame grabs the nut when the bolt is tightened into place!)

Then I mounted the rack again and made minor adjustments and marked the final resting location with tape. Unmount, flip it over, line the tape marks up again and drill.

I simply reused the stock mounting holes of the rack and ran longer bolts (size 8x1.25 pitch - can't recall length) through the Pelican, through the rack and into the frame.

Wha la!

The only change to the stock rack you'll haveto make is to drill a single hole in the rubber on the top of the rack in order to pass a bolt through the rack. The rack already has that hole.

The bonus is that this new hole is almost completely hidden when the Pelican is removed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts