StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok boys....chime in. I need recommendations for a ride the boys and I will do. (Me= WeeStrom, 20 yr old son= WeeStrom, 18 yr old son= Honda NX650) What routes do you recommend for an "Adventure Ready" equipped WeeStrom......all around south, eastern Utah???? (The NX can do WAY MORE than the Strom...so no worries there)

We will be spending our first night in Monticello, Thursday night. That will give us Friday, Saturday and Sunday to ride the area. Monday, we will be rolling home. We will be tenting camping the whole thing.

Click Here for the Google Maps Link.

Here is a visual......

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have not done much in the southern areas you plan to go, so can't help there. If you are planning more around Moab, I can offer stuff up there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't know if you have poked around this site or not, but Verle has a lot of miles in the area and some great routes and reports that should give you some ideas.

http://www.verlenelson.com/

If you make it a little farther south, Muley Point is a must see.

·
Premium Member
2,975 Posts
Ok boys....chime in. I need recommendations for a ride the boys and I will do. (Me= WeeStrom, 20 yr old son= WeeStrom, 18 yr old son= Honda NX650) What routes do you recommend for an "Adventure Ready" equipped WeeStrom......all around south, eastern Utah???? (The NX can do WAY MORE than the Strom...so no worries there)

We will be spending our first night in Monticello, Thursday night. That will give us Friday, Saturday and Sunday to ride the area. Monday, we will be rolling home. We will be tenting camping the whole thing.
Looking at your map, location 'D' is really nothing there, Torrey is a litle town, has some cute restaurants and souvenier stores, Last October it was very windy, they claim that that was not it's worst and wind is all year round.
HWY 12 to Boulder is just amazing, hope the boys like scenery, and the road is a fun comfortable 2 lane curvey asphalt. Once in boulder there's a restaurant on your left just before the Burr Trail that will take you thru Capitol Reef . The wife and I just loved this road, and again the landscape is just amazing. This road has been paved in the last few years. Once you get to the east side of the park, pavement stops !! The road looked maintained, don't know if they have started maintenance yet.

( The Notom Bullfrog Basin road may also be a county maintained road, this is the road you have going from C to D on the map, east side of the Park. )

I have some pictures of Torrey area, southern Capitol Reef if you would like to see where you'll be heading. I'll PM the Photobucket link to you if you'd like.

Have a fun and safe trip !!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beautiful ride.

I am sorry to say that I cannot make it that weekend. I will be on the east coast on a work trip. Looking forward to riding with you at the Rally in June.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll wave to you as I ride by! I'll be riding from New Mexico to Miller Motorsports for the SBK races Memorial day.

I spent a week hiking in the Escalante area and all I can say is everywhere is gorgeous. The weather's been dicey lately so ride carefully and remember a extra day in the wilderness beats a week in the hospital every time. :thumbup:

Tom

·
Registered
435 Posts
You might want to head South from Natural Bridges toward Mexican Hat. There's a beautiful set of switchbacks with a killer view about halfway.

I posted some pictures here.

Peavine Corridor might be an option, but from what I understand it is still snowed in this time of year. It's near Natural Bridges.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts