StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect to be riding away on a used Vee sometime soon, so I am planning my luggage "strategies". I have a set of Rjays Platinum sport soft panniers (they are crap, btw) and I was wondering if I can get away without having pannier frames. Will they melt on the exhausts?

I am also not against DIY luggage, so if frames are needed, anyone got ideas on what to use for DIY pannier frames (I can't weld, which I guess rather limits my options).

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Not sure about the Vee exhaust heat shields, but if they are the same as the one on the Wee [the originals that is, not after market exhaust systems] then the bags will most likely survive ok as long as they don't touch the metal part of the mufflers.

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Vee pipes

The pipes don't get hot enough to bother soft luggage. I rode for many miles with Motopak bags. But keep dirt and grit out from between so the aluminum pipes don't get too scratched. Or put on some clear car stone-chip plastic.

·
Registered
503 Posts
The pipes don't get hot enough to bother soft luggage. I rode for many miles with Motopak bags. But keep dirt and grit out from between so the aluminum pipes don't get too scratched. Or put on some clear car stone-chip plastic.
What he said! stuff flies up and gets between the pads and shields. enjoy the ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts