StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever planned a meet?

I say that we pick a location like Raleigh, Greenville or Fayetteville. Pick a restaurant with a decent parking lot, lets all ride in, have a meal and see if we can't make some riding buddies. If nothing else, we can look at each others bikes and get some ideas, opinions, or tech tips from other owners.

Let me know what you think,

"OldFatGuy" , Robert

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'd be up for this. I'm in the Raleigh/Fayetteville area. Always looking for an excuse to ride. :yesnod:

·
Registered
14 Posts
someone make a date and I will put it on my calendar and come up from Charlotte as well... It would be nice to have a big group here in NC there are so many roads and trails to ride here.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm in and have a couple riders here close too....we are in W-S so make it in the "middle" for all of us...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my NC Strom riders!

I'm new to the site, bought a 2012 DL 1000 last Fri and absolutely love it!!:thumbup:

I am a young guy with a wife and little girl, but I love to ride!

I am totally down to meet up with some fellow riders. I live in Concord(About 20 mins north of Charlotte, close to Lowes Motor Speedway)

Is there anything currently in the works as far as a get together?

Thanks guys,

Andrew:var_8:

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Now that both of my sons are living in Greenville I was thinking of making a trip there on the Strom and hitting a couple BBQ joints including Skylight Inn, B's and Parkers.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I'd ride down from Roanoke,Va if I have the time and it's not too far away. Willville would be good. How about Lexington NC? Always wanted to go there. It's supposed to be the barbacue capital of the world. Like to hear from some of you North Carolinian's if it's that great (mainly Lexington BBQ).

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'd ride down from Roanoke,Va if I have the time and it's not too far away. Willville would be good. How about Lexington NC? Always wanted to go there. It's supposed to be the barbacue capital of the world. Like to hear from some of you North Carolinian's if it's that great (mainly Lexington BBQ).
Some folks love it. I like it but the best I ever had was from Skylight Inn just outside of Greenville in Ayden. True Eastern NC BBQ at it's best.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Lexington style BBQ (in Lexington, NC) ...best in town is the "BBQ Center" near highway 64/Bus 85, its on main street

Order it "dry" and "outside brown" and put the amount of "dip" you want on it yourself...

Lexington is a good place to meet too

·
Registered
6,643 Posts
First if many have to travel 250 miles it needs to be a 3 day event
Up Friday
Ride Saturday
Home Sunday

with meals and bench racing in between

Find a resort with both tent camping and others like motel or cabins

Plan a ride for Saturday

Find local food equal to having the number of attendees especially for Friday night and Saturday morning

Pick a consistent weekend every year I suggest 3rd weekend in September

·
Registered
435 Posts
Funny. I put Skylight Inn BBQ on my list of places to visit a couple of weeks ago. I will keep a close eye on this thread and would like to join in on this get-together if I'm able to.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greenville

Some folks love it. I like it but the best I ever had was from Skylight Inn just outside of Greenville in Ayden. True Eastern NC BBQ at it's best.
I'm up for Greenville. I live in Winterville which is basically considered Greenville. Skylight Inn is OK, but the best place is B's BBQ. Gotta go early, they sale out of food everyday within just a few hours.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Lexington style BBQ (in Lexington, NC) ...best in town is the "BBQ Center" near highway 64/Bus 85, its on main street

Order it "dry" and "outside brown" and put the amount of "dip" you want on it yourself...

Lexington is a good place to meet too
Now that's within reasonable striking distance for me, but I'm sure the coastal folks may not go for it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This thing still in the planning?

Is this meeting still in planning or is it already done? I'm in Raleigh during the week and Milton, NC on weekends. Milton's up on the Virginia line, near Danville, VA and Virginia International Raceway (roadrace track) is in close proximity (can't watch the races there on TV cause you can't hear the TV over the cars). If this thing's close by, I'm in for a meeting. Love to run into some other Strommers in either the Milton area or Raleigh area. My 2 cents worth, the riding around the Raleigh area ain't hittin on much. Too much traffic and not enough curves. Secondary roads in Virginia and roads in the mountains are best in my opinion around here. All up around Meadows of Dan, Fancy Gap and all that are pretty good areas to ride.

As for the BBQ...Monks' Lexington BBQ on the hill overlooking Business I-85 is the best; that is, if we're not including the BBQ some of my buddies back home cook. We have pig pickins ALL the time in Caswell County.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am a new wee strom owner and live in Raleigh area. Have only owned the bike for about 3 weeks. I would be up for a ride/meet but not sure how far I want to go since I am just getting back into riding again. Ultimately, would like to do a Blue Ridge Parkway ride with some camping.

NC or VA mtns would be a great place to meet and ride.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts