StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have personal experience with a good shop/mechanic for my 2013 DL650 in the Thousand Oaks, CA area?

Closest dealer is in Simi Valley -- I haven't taken my bike in to them yet so I'm not saying they're bad -- I'm just wondering if there's a closer option.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Change the oil and filter, check the chain for alignment and sag, check bolts for proper torque, check the clutch cable and.....bam, your done. Instead of paying the dealer, spend $90.00 on a service manual. You'll be glad you did ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's really easy to do. I'm heading to Thousand Oaks shortly, I can bring tools and help.

Let me know if you are interested.
Wow, thanks for the offer. :thumbup:

This is my first bike so for my own peace of mind I'm going to take it to a mechanic for the first going over. I'd also like to establish a relationship with a good local mechanic for the jobs I can't do in the future.

I do plan on buying a manual and performing future routine maintenance myself. First I need to buy metric tools ... a Christmas gift opportunity for sure ... I've been grabbing a metric socket here and there but now it's time to do it proper and also buy metric T handle wrenches.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts