StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the April 2014 MCN review of the 2014 Vee2, can anyone send me a copy?

Thanks

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry I should have been more specific, I'm looking for the US magazine review called: Motorcycle Consumer News, (April 2014) the publication that does not have any advertising and doesn't pull any punches with their info.

I went on their web site looking for back issues but when I clicked on the "back issues" button it took me to where I could sign up to have the next issue sent to my email digitally.

I know its the April 2014 edition as I did a google search and saw it referenced in the search but no link to the article. But I did find their article where they compared the Tenere to the new DL, so that one is available on line.

Thanks!

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have the article that you're looking for. I'm kind of a technotard but I'd be happy to copy it and snail mail it to you. Pm me you're address.

·
Administrator
17,535 Posts
Not enough "real" info here on the forum for you? :)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hey thanks CWJB that is super awesome!! PM on the way.

Ha ha good one one Big B, nah I just like to collect reviews of the bikes I purchase and put them in a file folder along with my maitenance receipts for the next owner, plus I'm curious us to see what a a magazine with no advertisement support has to say about the bike versus what folks are saying on the forums. I was hoping to read it before I bought the bike but it was a ~week too late :)

Update folks: CWJB is an awesome inmate, the article arrived in the mail yesterday! Thanks again.

I even learned something, they said that one can turn off the ABS by using a zip-tie on the front wheel speed sensor, don't know if it works, anyone tried that?

·
Registered
650 Posts
re the magazine and online sponsored reviews...We have good friends who recently bough a Yamaha "Tracer" MT07? street bike with a small screen and luggage. Its a GREAT bike! however due to an online review they are CONVINCED it is in the "Catagory" as a V2 Vstrom and therfore SOOO much better as it has more power blah blah.The review placed the Tracer third out of Ten Adventure bikes, and the Vstrom LAST.
I doubt we,ll see too many tracers off the sealed roads - or see SWmotec etc making bash plates for them LOL!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, what kind of "adventures" were those reviewers thinking of....? Certainly nothing to do with off pavement or rough pavement if the Vee2 placed below a Tracer!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts