StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Yup, mine just arrived 5 minutes ago, the magazine, not the bike. :biggrinjester:

I'm afraid that if I go to my local dealer, one will be there with my name on it.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Yup, mine just arrived 5 minutes ago, the magazine, not the bike. :biggrinjester:

I'm afraid that if I go to my local dealer, one will be there with my name on it.
sigh, ditto. the mini-review was very, very positive.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry that everyone can't see it. I didn't realize it worked like that. One of my rare busy days and I haven't read it all but it appears they like it.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
In the same issue of MCN they kitted out a bunch of new bikes for an offroad trial. They rated the Tiger 800 number 1 with the new BMW 1200 GS waterhead and Super Tenere also highly regarded. The test concentrated on offroad capability.

The triumph 1200 was not well thought of and the new 1190 KTM was in the middle of the pack.

I read the new strom article as mostly positive but with a street biased recommendation.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I thought that it was a VERY positive initial review. MCN is generally to be a very credible source of m/c reviews. This was a "first impression" and a full test is supposed to be forthcoming soon. I currently have an 08 BMW RT and a 2013 650 Vstrom. Since getting the 650, the RT isn't getting much riding time. I live in northern California and the 650 is much more fun on the back roads. I have been thinking of selling both and going for the 1000. The only notable omission for me is the lack of cruise control - I love the one on the RT when I am on the freeway for any length of time. Wish Suzuki would make it an option!

·
Registered
449 Posts
In the same issue of MCN they kitted out a bunch of new bikes for an offroad trial. They rated the Tiger 800 number 1 with the new BMW 1200 GS waterhead and Super Tenere also highly regarded. The test concentrated on offroad capability.

The triumph 1200 was not well thought of and the new 1190 KTM was in the middle of the pack.

I read the new strom article as mostly positive but with a street biased recommendation.
After riding a KTM 1190 I can't imagine it being in the middle of any pack. Not sure about that article.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts