StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone tried stuffing something in between the windshield and the fairing...you know in the center where you can almost stick a few fingers through? i wonder if that would cut down on any of the buffeting? i have never got around to trying yet...im talking even a towel temporarily or something...

·
Registered
640 Posts
A while back I had this idea too and stuffed my spare soxs in the gap. I don't remmenber any great inprovement, but I was experimenting a good bit at that time and don't remember the particulars. Might be worth trying again, but I've given up on the stock shield anyway so my motivation is slight.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am real happy with the factory bigger shield on my 04. No buffeting. I run it in the lowest position. Only $79 plus tax.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have

**has anyone tried stuffing something in between the windshield and the fairing...you know in the center where you can almost stick a few fingers through? i wonder if that would cut down on any of the buffeting? i have never got around to trying yet...im talking even a towel temporarily or something...**

TeddyRob66,
I have a small stuffed bear that I bought in Maggie Valley that rode quite a few miles stuffed into the windshield and peeking out the vent on my Bandit. WHen I traded the Bandit in on the Strom I moved Mr Bruin into the same position on the Strom. I can't tell any difference in the buffeting with him in the vent or without ( on either bike ).
I found the best solution to the buffeting for me was removing the shield altogether... it's in a helmet bag hanging in my closet. I may break down and try the CeeBailey or the Windstrom, but I like it fine with the shield off!
It does look a bit odd like that...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts