·
Administrator
Queensland, Australia
7,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
4 Posts
19" front tire. That would have done it. Obviously, there are various other ways the 250 could be better, but that tiny front wheel, and the "Not Coming to the US" are clearly the deal breaker here. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
2,244 Posts
19" front tire. That would have done it. Obviously, there are various other ways the 250 could be better, but that tiny front wheel, and the "Not Coming to the US" are clearly the deal breaker here. Bummer.
Not sure you want to increase the rotating mass on a 400lb bike with less than 25HP

·
Registered
25 Posts
Unless you're doing hard core rock/log hopping the wheel size is going to be less relevant than ground clearance, wheel travel and the fact that the wheels are alloy. It's never going to be a hard core off roader - even calling it and "adventure tourer" is a bit of a stretch. I was after something light, nimble and economical with the capacity to tour that wasn't afraid of a dirt road. With the cog reduction (47 to 39) on the back I got exactly that. I've now done 10,000km and am very happy. Headwinds and hill climbs will slow you down. If you're chasing that "king of the road" feeling - run away. It's a tried and proven platform (GSX250R/Inazuma) & it's a delight to ride because of the long(ish) stroke motor. You can idle around like you're on a big bike (be prepared to downshift if you want to accelerate) and it does feel spirited between 6000 rpm and the 10500 red-line. It's not for everyone. In fact I can't imagine it's going to sell well in Australia where capacity = manhood but I love mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts