StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a beauty at what I think is a good deal. She's a 2012 with 23,700 miles, red, with 3 givi bags (45L sides), givi crash bars, Sargeant seat, fog lights, and extra led light strips wired up.

The dealer says it's been on their floor all season. I haven't ridden her yet due to the battery being dead when I went in. They want $5,500. Do I have wiggle room to negotiate here or is that already pretty low?

I will use it to short commute when the weather is nicer and eventually plan interstate trips, 2up with the wife. We have mountain ranges, coastlines, and everything inbetween within a couple hours ride for day trips.

I might as well ask the noobie question too: (I'm 6' 2" 225lbs) Is this a well-suited bike or my needs?

I guess I'll know if she at least feels right for me in a couple days on the test ride.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Coda, that's a good comparison bike. At least I know I won't be paying too much for it, and can possibly get them to come down a bit on price.

·
Administrator
16,600 Posts
Why not just get the new 1000, there are plenty out there "for a steal". The old 1000's are just too temperamental IMHO, you would be asking us questions in no time because it likely won't run right. ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha I know at you mean, I've read some of the frequent flier issues on here about the older ones. I'm just not in much of a position to spend twice as much for one. and I have to admit I am interested in some of the farkles on it too.

A local dealer has a demo model of the 2016 for 9,999 right now though..that's tempting but a little out of the price range.

·
Administrator
16,600 Posts
The 650's do 2 up no problem and with ease, I wouldn't rule one out. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts