StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to look at a 08 scrambler on Monday, thinking about buying it and selling my wee. Can't keep both. Never riding it yet hopefully soon. Love the style of the bike.

·
Administrator
17,523 Posts
I love the scrambler, have always wanted one as a 2nd or 3rd bike. ;)

·
Premium Member
4,219 Posts
Nice looking bike, and sounds cool (270 degree crank). Not as practical for commuting, or touring as the Wee is though.
That is always the issue i have with other bikes. They are great at something, but not great at everything. The Strom has most things covered. Cruisers are not great at touring, but tons of fun for short hauls. Dirt bikes are fantastic on trails, but suck on roads. Touring bikes are great on the road, but can't go offroad.

I can't afford multiple bikes, so I stick with my VStrom.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Going to look at a 08 scrambler on Monday, thinking about buying it and selling my wee. Can't keep both. Never riding it yet hopefully soon. Love the style of the bike.
Dave,

I like the bike a whole lot too, and the 270 degree crank makes for a nice sound. I just find the Strom more practical (plus it's mine and paid for), but it sure doesn't look as nice as the Triumph. You can ride the Triumph as-is, but with a bit (or a lot) of extra work, it really starts to work a lot better.

Marc

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dave,

I like the bike a whole lot too, and the 270 degree crank makes for a nice sound. I just find the Strom more practical (plus it's mine and paid for), but it sure doesn't look as nice as the Triumph. You can ride the Triumph as-is, but with a bit (or a lot) of extra work, it really starts to work a lot better.

Marc
Just waiting to hear back from the guy. Haven't seen or riding it yet.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wasn't meant to be

We'll guess it wasn't meant to be. The guy sold the scrambler before I got there. The wee suits me fine anyway. Going to buy something for her.

·
Registered
8,009 Posts
not much

Didn't miss much, IMHO. Very nice looking, yes, and with some mods almost kinda seems like a classic Triumph. Went from my Vee to a scrambler (my brother's), and the engine seemed kinda doggy, the bike, somehow, overly long, and slow handling. Perhaps some of that can be addressed with farkles. And if you always wanted a classic Triumph, well then, this is your bike. Probably pretty nifty for those show-and-tell rides. But, at least for me, never qualify of my one and only ride.

·
Registered
712 Posts
We'll guess it wasn't meant to be. The guy sold the scrambler before I got there. The wee suits me fine anyway. Going to buy something for her.
Love the one you're with.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I've been riding triumph since the mid 70ies. I still have the 79 Bonnie that I bought new and it has 132000 miles on it. Two years ago I rode it on a1000 mile ride in three day. I still love riding it. I was looking at getting a Scrambler when I bought the strom. I rode one with arrow exhaust and tuned. It was a great ride but every one that found they wanted 6+k for it.
Found the strom with every thing I wanted already on it for 3k.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had a Scrambler and I prefer my Vee for the type of riding I do. I found the Scrambler to be under power and at highway speeds the vibration was bad; I'd get off the bike and my arm would still be vibrating.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Scrambler is a nice bike.
It won't do what a Wee or Glee will do though.
High pipes limit luggage, not near as much aftermarket stuff as for the Stroms.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'd have one in the garage in a second. I look at it like this: 20 years from now , no one is going to want my clapped out Vstrom. 20 years from now , lots of folks will want a clapped out Scrambler. Don't get me wrong , I love my Vstrom , but it will Never be a classic.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts