StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else want to go? 3 of us are going, the rooms are 90 bucks and that's for 2 double beds. We do have an extra so you can share but for 90 bucks a night you may just want your own room too :)

·
Registered
69 Posts
lake george

where in Lake George?
Might be intersted in joining you.
E.

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
Anyone else want to go? 3 of us are going, the rooms are 90 bucks and that's for 2 double beds. We do have an extra so you can share but for 90 bucks a night you may just want your own room too :)
Tenny80 and all,
I live in the Lake George area, and would be happy to show you some awesome roads.I do know this Adirondack area well, as it is my stomping ground. I can also look into getting rooms or campsites for the best price.

I was toying with the idea of having a loosely organized N.E.V.A. Late spring/early summer trip. If others would like to join, this may work. What say you?:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tenny80 and all,
I live in the Lake George area, and would be happy to show you some awesome roads.I do know this Adirondack area well, as it is my stomping ground. I can also look into getting rooms or campsites for the best price.

I was toying with the idea of having a loosely organized N.E.V.A. Late spring/early summer trip. If others would like to join, this may work. What say you?:thumbup:
Sounds like a great idea! As I just posted above we are staying at the motel 6. Seemed like the best rate and close to a few bars for dinner and beer :)

Even if you had a lunch/ride on the Saturday we would love to meet up with you guys and see some great roads :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
A couple friends and I have ridden down to Lake placid and Lake George last week of June for 2 or 3 years now and it's always a fantastic trip.

So many awesome roads down that way ...both gravel and paved.

Also some great hidden swimming holes.

We usually stay at HOME | NORTH POLE RESORTSNORTH POLE RESORTS | Adirondacks Camping around Lake Placid.

This year we're going to check out the ghost town of Tawahus which looks really interesting too and is supposed to be a gorgeous road in and out.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Tenny80 and all,

chrosyd took us on an awesome group ride last summer at the NE Rally. Highly recommended.:thumbup:

·
Registered
404 Posts
Tenny80 and all,

I've been away from work for a while so I don't know yet if I'll be working on those dates. I would do camping instead of booking some lodging. Is it very busy during that period and should I reserve a site soon or take a chance and wait till later?

Thanks.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I live 30mins south, I'd love to join in.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live 30mins south, I'd love to join in.
Sounds good! I am thinking Saturday would be a good day for everyone to meet up for a ride and have some lunch!

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
:furious:
Sounds good! I am thinking Saturday would be a good day for everyone to meet up for a ride and have some lunch!
Tenny80 and all,
What do you think about starting a "loose" thread under events as a new event. Open to all, especially our N.E.V.A. group. Hope it doesn't get out of hand.
I can start to look into a local campground including a few on Lake George.Many roads in this region to ride. We could do an afternoon ride for anyone ready, and a day of riding Saturday- just my thoughts.:thumbup:

·
Registered
806 Posts
:furious:

Tenny80 and all,
What do you think about starting a "loose" thread under events as a new event. Open to all, especially our N.E.V.A. group. Hope it doesn't get out of hand.
I can start to look into a local campground including a few on Lake George.Many roads in this region to ride. We could do an afternoon ride for anyone ready, and a day of riding Saturday- just my thoughts.:thumbup:
That sounds good Syd.

·
Registered
69 Posts
May 19 monday is Victoria day (holiday here in Canada)
maybe do an extra day of riding on sunday in the adirondacks
and spend a leisurely day monday riding back
be fun to be able to spend some time riding in the area instead of rushing back
E.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds great to me guys!

I will likely be returning Sunday though as my wife wants to have a family day on Monday.

Would be great to meet up with some people for a ride on Saturday!

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
anyone know what the weather will be like that time of year? someone was telling me yesterday they went on a bike trip in may to lake george area and there was snow and hail.

2nd question, 2 of us are new riders and only have our M2. Does anyone know if that's valid for new york state?

·
Premium Member
2,297 Posts
anyone know what the weather will be like that time of year? someone was telling me yesterday they went on a bike trip in may to lake george area and there was snow and hail.

2nd question, 2 of us are new riders and only have our M2. Does anyone know if that's valid for new york state?
Tenny80,
Of course, there is never a guarantee of good weather. Who knows, we just got 14" of snow here in Lake George. I believe you will have to make a commitment, and decide last minute if it is a complete washout. Americade takes place the first week in June, and in some years have had rain. Up here, I have always gotten in significant mileage during the month of May. I am not sure of the license status in New York State, and how they would look on a Canada permit. In N.Y.S., a motorcycle permit holder must ride with someone who has a full M license. Keep in touch as to the status of this potential trip. I can help in any way you Canadians need.:thumbup:

P.S. I just looked up the legality of driving in N.Y.S. with an M2 license. In the real world, no one would ever notice unless you are doing something illegal in N.Y. and get in trouble for that!). That said, please know that if you get a ticket in N.Y.S., it can certainly affect your driving privileges in Canada.

·
Registered
32 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys! I am more worried about snow then rain! I don't mind a little rain.

I am about a 450km ride and have an entire day to get there and an entire day to get back so I can always wait out the weather and take my time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts